Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text message update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is a 69 plate? And why is it so special?

The UK registration system has a new plate twice a year. 09 = 2009 H1, 59 = 2009 H2, 19 = 2019 H1 and 69 = 2019 H2. So beyond the humour factor of a 69 plate, cars registered just a few days apart can be treated by the second hand market as 6 months apart with the potential resale value implication of that. It's probably not that big a difference, but for the sake of waiting a few days....

Did you reserve and when did you order?

Well, it's bit complicated. I reserved on 5th June 2016. I ordered a Black SR+ on 1st May 2019. After trying for about 4 weeks to get some idea of when I might get the car and with absolutely no answer from Tesla and unable to ever get them on the phone I cancelled in a fit of pique ! Then I got tempted by the P- offer and ordered that on the 12th June. The day they reduced the price of the P+ in white I asked my local dealer (Milton Keynes) to change the order to take advantage the reduced price, I also phoned through the change to Tesla. I got the VIN and the text but I have seen no changes to the configuration in the order agreement yet.

I've got the same SMS message:
"Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is almost here. Your Model 3 is estimated to be delivered between 12/8 and 25/8 in Manchester. Your invoice will be available shortly. Please prepare for payment. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."
I ordered on May 3rd.
Red, black interior, Long Range Model with 19" wheels.
Changed the order to the Performance (without the Performance Pack) and 18" Aero wheels on about 3rd July.
Invoice Number 3828.
can't see a VIN in the Source Code.

I got a text, but not the text. Pretty unhelpful one at that...

"Tesla Update - We are working to get your Model 3 to you as quickly as possible. Deliveries continue from August onwards. Priority is based on configuration options and reservation date. Updates will be provided via phone and SMS once your Model 3 is in transit. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."

"Tesla Update - We are working to get your Model 3 to you as quickly as possible. Deliveries continue from August onwards. Priority is based on configuration options and reservation date. Updates will be provided via phone and SMS once your Model 3 is in transit. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."
I got that one last Friday. But still no real text :(

4UZwk0.gif

I haven't even had that one, I think some of this comms must be going straight to my lease company and they're just not telling me!

• Funny
Reactions: RjbT3
I've had a phone-call (last week) to tell me that it was coming in 'August' - but haven't had a text.

I think - at this stage - to try to attribute any logic or systematic process to what's happening is a folly. I'm half-expecting those people without text messages to get their cars first. Those with text messages to get them later than promised, and me, with my phone-call from an actual human being, to not even get one by Christmas.

I've got to be honest, Tesla's treatment of people who've placed orders is abysmal. A little bit of service design and forethought and basic 'placebo contact' (i.e. emails, weekly text messages, a 'visible status bar' in order area of the website etc) would remove pretty much all of the nervous and anxious upset that is happening here. It wouldn't get any of us our cars any faster and the information wouldn't even have to be specific, but we have a situation where people are following shipping lane twitter feeds, and viewing source code on html pages for just the most meagre morsel of data.

That's bonkers.

(I'm still enjoying the chase and excited though! ;D)

4UZwk0.gif

I haven't even had that one, I think some of this comms must be going straight to my lease company and they're just not telling me!

There is something in this, I haven't had any text's or emails (other than replies to my enquiries) since the lease company took over my order. Few others on Facebook have said the same.

So no "don't call us, we'll call you" "Price drop" "£3500 confusion" or the August delivery one, despite having that confirmed.

I tried to re-save my contact details, just in case there was an issue (everything was ticked) and got an odd error/warning about not able to update the secondary account

Reactions: Rooster6655
There is something in this, I haven't had any text's or emails (other than replies to my enquiries) since the lease company took over my order. Few others on Facebook have said the same.

So no "don't call us, we'll call you" "Price drop" "£3500 confusion" or the August delivery one, despite having that confirmed.

I tried to re-save my contact details, just in case there was an issue (everything was ticked) and got an odd error/warning about not able to update the secondary account

The last contact I had from Tesla directly was the "£3,500 confusion" text message, nothing at all since then. But then, my lease company say they haven't had anything either, except confirmation on the phone that I had a VIN and could expect August delivery (before Tesla then cruelly took my VIN away again).

Another text through ...
“Tesla Update : Deliveries will continue through August and September. Once your car is in transit we will provide your estimated delivery week via Email. A confirmed delivery date and time will be provided within 3 days of your appointment. Please complete your Tesla profile to ensure we can expedite your delivery. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.”

Another text through ...
“Tesla Update : Deliveries will continue through August and September. Once your car is in transit we will provide your estimated delivery week via Email. A confirmed delivery date and time will be provided within 3 days of your appointment. Please complete your Tesla profile to ensure we can expedite your delivery. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.”
Yes, I’ve just had that one too. It doesn’t look very promising... :(