Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank God for Bio-Weapon Defense Mode!

Does anybody use Bio-Weapon Defense Mode?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i remember watching a video of several guys "hot-boxing" (smoking weed in the car) a model x. they then turned on bio-weapon defense mode and you could watch the smoke getting sucked away and a few minutes later the new-car smell was back. :)

Non-Bio will do the same thing with the fan turned to 11. This is about evacuating the car with outside air, not the idea that the incoming air came through the HEPA.

Non-Bio will do the same thing with the fan turned to 11. This is about evacuating the car with outside air, not the idea that the incoming air came through the HEPA.
That makes no sense to me. If you're driving by a mushroom farm, or a newly fertilized field or behind a diesel-spewing transport truck, if the outside air is not filtered, you'll be smelling that inside the car. The outside air must be going through that HEPA filter and/or charcoal filter.

Also, it's my understanding that bio-weapons-defense mode is simply turning the fan to 11 with air circulation set to the correct setting. It's just a quick "macro" to set 2-3 climate settings. You certainly can do it yourself manually.

not to hijack your comment, but my BWD Mode only goes up to level 9 fan speed...
I've only used BWD once to test it out. Found the fan too loud to use outside of emergency circumstances. So, I can't remember what the fan speed went to, but it's possible that it only goes to 9. I also thought I read a comment from someone saying that an OTA changed the max fan speed to 10 or 11, but I could have dreamt that.

If I can remember, I'll check my BWD fan speed later this afternoon and report back.

I've only used BWD once to test it out. Found the fan too loud to use outside of emergency circumstances. So, I can't remember what the fan speed went to, but it's possible that it only goes to 9. I also thought I read a comment from someone saying that an OTA changed the max fan speed to 10 or 11, but I could have dreamt that.

If I can remember, I'll check my BWD fan speed later this afternoon and report back.
It used to go to 11 but now it's 9.

Why does god always get credit for the good but not blame for the bad? I don't think she really has much to do with either.

It might be better to thank Tesla or Elon.

believe me, i was considering "thank goodness" or something else, but i think this title grabs your attention a little more whether God is to thank or not in this case, lol.

i agree Elon/Tesla are the true hero's here.

Okay, I've tested it this evening. If you turn on BWD, the fan goes to 9 (I think this has changed in the past 6 months).

However, you can manually increase the fan to 11, which is the maximum fan speed.

Okay, I've tested it this evening. If you turn on BWD, the fan goes to 9 (I think this has changed in the past 6 months).

It probably did. It likely changed when Tesla realigned the fan speeds based on recirculation mode to make them more consistent. Remember when folks were complaining that if they dropped below speed four it automatically shifted to outside air? Dropping the peak speed for an outside only mode at that time seems pretty likely.

• Informative
Reactions: vandacca