Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 1000 VIN's are being allocated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my theory is simple only 100/ 200 cars were delivered in first batch next batch is at pier 80 SFO as we speak waiting for a boat arriving end of July for August delivery next batch will be ready at SFO beginning of August for September delivery or another theory they phone me next week to take delivery 2nd or third week July if that’s the case then their has been a delivery to the uk that know one knows about.(which is highly unlikely)

Hi everyone got two phone calls from Tesla today confirming all my details and delivery location I am a day one reservation holder and a current tesla owner they assured me that my delivery for my two orders which are both performance full spec model 3 will be delivered no later than the 2nd week in August and hopefully earlier and my third model three which I had no reservation on and ordered it in May 1st would be delivered in September the phone calls were proceeded by emails confirming all my details were correct in my tesla account which I’ve held since 2015 hope this helps everyone just stay patient they will arrive at some time it’s just the way Tesla does things the guy I spoke to which I have spoken to before said they were incredibly busy and are trying to contact everyone by telephone it just takes a long time to get a hold of people.

What are you doing with 3M3's?

So my theory is simple only 100/ 200 cars were delivered in first batch next batch is at pier 80 SFO ...for August delivery next batch will be ready at SFO beginning of August for September delivery

Yeah. I completely agree. Tesla just wanted orders in the book they could never fulfil. Promised quick delivery with no chance of looking after reservation holders before August. Shame.

"Never" is quite a word, don't you think so? And the web site said estimated delivery, so "promise" is also quite a strong word for that...
In my opinion when I ordered my model S many years ago the process was a shambles as well very poor communication the latest process with model 3 has been much of the same if I was involved in the running of Tesla the same mistakes would never happen again it’s straight forward when something goes wrong you do a route cause analysis so that it can’t happen again it’s why the Japanese are so successfull however the cars that everyone is waiting on will be worth it been here before , my model S has been the best car I have ever owned in every respect

No argument from me on the rather hapĥazard communication (and the fact that Tesla is shooting in their own foot), BTW. But on the other hand, demanding a car NOW just because someone gave you an estimate that may have been true for only a fraction of orders is also not entirely rational. And I'm not sure I'd prefer Audi with respect to delivery times (I ordered a car and was given a precise date 10 months into the future for delivery. And it still took one more month).

Last edited:
How reliable is this order number thing?

I ordered a model 3 on June 20th with order 3520 but ordered another one today with 2001.

First through lease company, second through the website.

I did have a reservation in 2017 which I cancelled earlier this year. You think it may have picked up that reservation number again?

At the UK reveal, I was told M3 deliveries starting end of year, but realistically early next. I had started to look at other LR BEV options, I-pace, e-tron, mythical ID 3 (but no more mythical than M3 was at day 1 launch) and even some ICE vehicles short term.

So it came as a big surprise when I heard a few days before that Tesla were going to open order book May 1st and starting deliveries end of June, 6 months earlier than I had been expecting.

beyond a few hundred token RHD this past week or so.

Heathrow alone delivered more than that, they handed over 100 on the day I picked mine up and had been doing that for over a week, don't know about other sites but I suspect they were much fewer in number. I think they have delivered both boat-1 and all/most-of boat-2 (I forget the numbers, but it was something like 200 then 1,000-2,000)

I know everyone wants to get theirs, fair enough, but the reality here is that Tesla has to keep Wall Street happy and get good end of quarter results, so it doesn't make sense to have cars on the high seas that they cannot convert into completed orders by end of June quarter, so that's an 8 week-ish interval prioritising manufacturer for markets close-to-home.

Tesla may also be expecting that UK buyers won't want cars in August, because of the plate change on 01-Sep ?