Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 1000 VIN's are being allocated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only snag I foresee with that is that it may provide very little lead time for customers to make payment. Invoice terms are 7 days before collection ... for end June collections they were sending out invoices less than 7 days before collection, and I expect they don't actually want that normally - if customers cannot take collection it mucks up the rate that they can do handovers because of "cancelled appointments". But given the chaos to date who knows ...
As you say, that's what's been happening so far. There may be a delay between unloading and delivery due to limited appointments with a larger bulk delivery to allow more time (and for those Scottish loans to be processed) but until they clear the backlog of initial orders I wouldn't expect too much variation from the June process.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Several others on Facebook now reporting the same, I half wonder if they've removed them all from all the moaning phone calls they've no doubt had from those that hadn't yet been assigned?

Instead of upsetting half the people who've ordered, wind up everyone :D

Don't say that! Just saw a VIN in my source code. Went to a VIN checker website. Toyota Corolla! (LE Plus mind, so not a basic LE)
I got exactly the same, yesterday. Some VIN checkers show it as a Corolla, some as a Tesla, and one has elements of both. This may be a placeholder dummy VIN, until they get the real one? It does suggest activity though, which has to be better than no activity.

They've told someone that called to find out what is going on, that it was a 'glitch' that assigned the VINs out randomly, rather than in order of reservations / order dates.

Hard to know what to believe really, no one from Tesla seems to have a clue what's going on.

My VIN is gone too, this is an outrage.

giphy.gif