Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 1000 VIN's are being allocated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From SG Fleet

"Dear xxxx,

Please ignore our previous email regarding the delivery date of your Tesla.

The email was sent in error as we're unable to acquire accurate delivery dates from Tesla.

If Tesla have provided you with a delivery date then please go by that.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The Employee Benefit Solutions Team"

You could not make it up! ;)

Reactions: davidmc
From SG Fleet

"Dear xxxx,

Please ignore our previous email regarding the delivery date of your Tesla.

The email was sent in error as we're unable to acquire accurate delivery dates from Tesla.

If Tesla have provided you with a delivery date then please go by that.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The Employee Benefit Solutions Team"

You could not make it up! ;)
Do you think they could ask for my vin back?!!!

Apparently vins were being assigned incorrectly and the reason they have been removed (according to someone that phoned up and spoke to tesla), at the end of the day the source code isn't an official way and these seem to change and disappear regardless. However this does kinda make sense as it looks like early reservation holders have been getting vins now instead.

Surely Tesla would be better off NOT putting all that stuff "hidden" in the source code ...
Yes probably but I wouldn't be surprised that they have some back end systems that are relying on this, at the end of the day none of this is official and wasn't made for people to check the source code, so people shouldn't be upset if something disappears from the source code lol, the website coding hasn't changed in a long time, doesn't mean it shouldn't but there are more important things tesla are working on.

I wouldn't be surprised that they have some back end systems that are relying on this

Except that this is data buried in a customer-facing-page. Security risk waiting to happen that something else, that shouldn't be there, creeps in IMHO

I suppose if there is any form-data on the page that could be submitted that extra data would accompany it (provided the user, competent to View Source, hasn't also "modified the hidden data" before it is submitted back)

SessionID and some authenticating data etc. should be sufficient - that, at the back end, can JOIN to pick up all the relevant data appropriate for the task at hand