Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The beginnings of v11 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

https://twitter.com/arctechinc/status/1322425662011928577?s=21

93C07924-8A7D-4F0F-B3D4-26A3ABDB3026.jpeg

"That looks incredible" - am I missing something? Certainly the very beginnings and a long way to go if thats it so far. UI really needs an overhaul imho, different modes based upon the driving context etc. Hopefully its a different layout when driving, self driving etc. This just seems to be moving a few panels, icons and buttons around to allow room for a bigger visualisation view. Far more real estate can be freed up making the screen and button bars contextual and allow the button bar to be shrunk and moved down the edge avoiding issue with reaching with a non dominant hand.

Last edited:
Whilst the fancy visualisations May look pretty, I’m not sure what the point is. In FSD early beta mode it is clear that in any complex situation the driver needs to be concentrating attention out of the window, not on the screen. In true FSD the ‘driver’ will be using the screen to watch films, play games or whatever.

2020.40.8.12 - weird that it’s a such a small revision release. I imagine that the UI is a mixmash of v10 and v11 as Stu has mentioned - “the beginnings”.

Has a CyberTruck screen UI feel to it.

Far more real estate can be freed up making the screen and button bars contextual and allow the button bar to be shrunk and moved down the edge avoiding issue with reaching with a non dominant hand.

This is one massive advantage of the S/X over the 3 with the driver display as well as central touchscreen.

The V11 software looks amazing on the S/X, with full FSD beta visualisation on the driver display and everything else still accessible on the touch screen.

Really glad I went for the MCU2 update on the car now. I've never owned a car where the driver interface has changed so much for the better even 3 years post delivery.

Simply amazing.

50550121836_424429d0ca_k_d.jpg

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1322431113671835650?s=20

....and just for a laugh this is the state of infotainment system for our Lexus. These two cars were manufactured less than 12 months apart, but it might as well be 12 years interms of tech.

50510402802_f4a3b91054_c_d.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love an analogue clock!

The clock is nice, and actually the software functions are OK, but you would think something with the graphics from 2000 in a 2015 car would run quickly......instead it made the MCU1 response feel snappy.

For all of issues we had with our X and the mental instability of Elon, Tesla really have redefined car ownership, and what/how cars should be upgradeable as time goes on both interms of software and hardware.

I think the FSD and new interface look great!

Also re calls - I agree - I know it’s a car and not a glorified phone - but I really don’t like taking my eyes off the road to start, accept or end a call, and would like it if I could end especially a call with (dare I say it!) a ‘real button’ or a giant option on the iPad screen. For me it’s too low and too far away from where my eyes should be (until we have full full self drive) when parked it’s ok - but on a longer drive with a few calls I could safely make in another car, I do feel it’s more risky in the Tesla which is a shame for all the tech