Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The catastrophe of FSD and erosion of trust in Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure that is the case. I’ve never had NoA make a lance change for me just by holding the wheel. I always have to do a couple of tugs to tell it to go ahead .. which seems a “conformation” to me. And, in fact, if I tug the wheel WHILE it is (say) vibrating, it doesn’t notice it. I tend to agree with the other posters, NoA does always need some active input (confirmation) before is performs a lane change (unlikes FSD beta).
it needs zero input. only torque. like I already said, with a weight, it changes lanes, takes exits, and passes people. no "input" required

Your hand on the wheel provides the same input though.

I hate to sound like Steve Jobs, but if your experience is otherwise, you're holding it wrong.

I hope they implement the driver’s eyes monitoring feature for the AP.

FSDBeta already does this, though is ALSO still uses the torque sensor too.

It'll even nag you if it sees you using your phone to pay attention.

Reactions: Yelobird
It doesn’t need to slow to 40 on some turns. So I accelerate. And the weight isn’t for everyone, but when i do the 280, or the 5, or 80 daily, I don’t need to keep torque/weight on the wheel always. AP has been flawless for me for 17,000 miles, and I’m not an idiot.

Oh, the AP doesn’t NEED to slow down to 40. I see. 😏

”wheel weights aren’t of everyone, but..”

I am sure Tesla would wholeheartedly disagree with you and say ‘wheel weights aren’t for ANYONE’. 😀

”and I’m not an idiot.”

Well, I didn’t call you one, but if you insist, I’ll take your word for it.

Ummm...the weight is the input. This is like saying a car needs no input to GO because you can strap a brick to the accelerator.
He has two interventions : one with his foot, one with his weights. That’s how he wants to claim ‘zero interventions‘ from 17 to 85.

I am tempted to ask for his license plate, just to know whom to stay away from, next time I’m on highway 17.

FSD has become a catastrophe, and a dangerous one at that. While most of us wait in the dark, Elon tweets about 10.12 being a game changer yet 90% of the beta fleet has not received 10.11 and remains two upgrades behind with zero indications of why this is... could it be that none of those problems, especially PB, are fixed in 10.11 or 10.11.1 ? Highly likely. I am on the verge of filing a NTSB complaint if Tesla does not come clean here, and I never thought I would see such a day. I have always patiently supported the product, but enough is enough, and the most recent Elon tweets have pushed me nearer the edge.

I could go on about the dangers and regressions we have seen with the beta, 10.10.2 in particular, but they are well documented in this forum and elsewhere. So if you are driving yourself nuts with safety scores thinking you want the beta, be advised that the reason it is not coming is that the existing releases are not just bad, they are catastrophically bad, and dangerous as hell.

In the midst of this, Elon tweets about possibly starting a new social media platform due to Twitter "echo chamber" mis-information, but how are his comments that ignore the obvious elephant in the room any different? The Emperor has no clothes.

I hope I am proven wrong in the weeks to come, but my trust is quickly eroding.
YES...catastrophically bad

I don't know what is going on with the newest update. My last 2 FSD trips (with the latest version 10.11.2) missed the required exit to my destination each time!

You -> i REALLY want the beta, please give it to me!!

FSD Beta -> This is a beta product it may do the worst thing at the worst time and you must pay close attention at all times

You -> Agreed, no problem, i'll be super safe, give me that beta!!

FSD Beta -> Acknowledged, here you go, be safe!

You -> I can't take a nap while driving?!?! WTF!!! this is totally worthless, i'm filing a report with the NTSB!!!

Tesla -> /facepalm

Just thought I’d leave this here. This forums gotten disgusting with complaints, accusations, and just plain hate. Wish the admins would clean it up and get it back to the point.

ENTHUSIASTS is the key word. The amount of people here with over 1000 comments that have not one good word to say about Tesla as a company, the car, or anything Elon related, is gross.

Attachments

• 557EEE07-0360-4E62-A037-F004E41623ED.jpeg
    557EEE07-0360-4E62-A037-F004E41623ED.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 57
Just thought I’d leave this here. This forums gotten disgusting with complaints, accusations, and just plain hate. Wish the admins would clean it up and get it back to the point.

ENTHUSIASTS is the key word. The amount of people here with over 1000 comments that have not one good word to say about Tesla as a company, the car, or anything Elon related, is gross.
So you are in favor of eliminating any comments and discussions that are not favorable to Tesla? There is a name for that mindset... Elon just paid 4 billion to try to eliminate those tendencies from Twitter. Some of it is just plain hate and its easily discernible so just ignore it. But criticism is the cornerstone of improvement. We don't need to be protected by the likes of this mentality. Moderation should be for off-topic posts, un-necessary aggression, and profanity. You certainly attacked me telling me to piss off, and my comments on this forum are generally pro-Tesla and based on my own personal experience.

...This forums gotten disgusting with complaints, accusations, and just plain hate. Wish the admins would clean it up and get it back to the point...
This isn't a real thread. It is just a honeypot I concocted to keep all the arguments in one place. Something to make it easier for me to moderate.

So you are in favor of eliminating any comments and discussions that are not favorable to Tesla? There is a name for that mindset... Elon just paid 4 billion to try to eliminate those tendencies from Twitter. Some of it is just plain hate and its easily discernible so just ignore it. But criticism is the cornerstone of improvement. We don't need to be protected by the likes of this mentality.
Totally agreed, and not accepting valid criticism is certainly a sign of fanboy attitude. On the other hand, posting a very wild, over-the-top “Catastrophe” headline is also somewhat disengenuous. Sure, raise issues about FSD (as many have, and continue to do), but if you post something that sounds hysterical dont expect it to get taken seriously.

So you are in favor of eliminating any comments and discussions that are not favorable to Tesla? There is a name for that mindset... Elon just paid 4 billion to try to eliminate those tendencies from Twitter. Some of it is just plain hate and its easily discernible so just ignore it. But criticism is the cornerstone of improvement. We don't need to be protected by the likes of this mentality. Moderation should be for off-topic posts, un-necessary aggression, and profanity. You certainly attacked me telling me to piss off, and my comments on this forum are generally pro-Tesla and based on my own personal experience.
95% of this forum is bashing Tesla and their cars lol. If you need an echo chamber to make yourself feel like your hatred of change is valid and important, I guess this threads a good place to stay.

I joined this when I ordered my car. The initial excitement in that section is awesome. Then it slowly warp from “placed my order! Can’t wait” into “ugh, my order got pushed back again.”

Then when people get their car, they forget about the wait, because it wasn’t worth bitching about, and they move to this side of the forums. Then all people see is thread after thread of hatred like:

“new UI sucks!”
“phantom braking is dangerous”
“Here’s how to contact the NTFSwho gives a *sugar*”

Glad there are a FEW people that enjoy their car. And I make it a point to speak up because personally, my car is a dream, and honestly perfection.

I told him to ‘buzz off’ for suggesting, of all the things, steering wheel weights. That is a safety hazard for the driver and others around him. My post got moved.

Yeah, so by the same standards, his much more offensive post should have been quarantined too.

But no.. the moderators here really relish their biases.

I told him to ‘buzz off’ for suggesting, of all the things, steering wheel weights. That is a safety hazard for the driver and others around him. My post got moved.

Yeah, so by the same standards, his much more offensive post should have been quarantined too.

But no.. the moderators here really relish their biases.
It’s not a safety hazard. I’m an extremely experienced driver of cars and motorcycles on and off a track. speedboats and sailboats too! 99% of people shouldn’t use the weight. But I know I’m hyper aware of everything around me, and know the limitations of AP. To each their own.

My driving habits are not a factor of this thread. Bunch them into it if you want, but that’s on you.

• Funny
Reactions: ContrarianDC
95% of this forum is bashing Tesla and their cars lol. If you need an echo chamber to make yourself feel like your hatred of change is valid and important, I guess this threads a good place to stay.

I joined this when I ordered my car. The initial excitement in that section is awesome. Then it slowly warp from “placed my order! Can’t wait” into “ugh, my order got pushed back again.”

Then when people get their car, they forget about the wait, because it wasn’t worth bitching about, and they move to this side of the forums. Then all people see is thread after thread of hatred like:

“new UI sucks!”
“phantom braking is dangerous”
“Here’s how to contact the NTFSwho gives a *sugar*”

Glad there are a FEW people that enjoy their car. And I make it a point to speak up because personally, my car is a dream, and honestly perfection.
Hatred is a strong word. Valid criticism is the right word.

You and your ilk have a very thin skin. That’s all. I’d say your day of reckoning will come one day, given your driving habits (see below).

Moreover, your claims of perfection in Tesla aren’t widely agreed upon, even among super fans of Tesla.
Your suggestions of using steering wheel weights and accelerating in tight turns on AP using your foot when the AP doesn’t want to go any faster, will definitely not be agreed to by most rational folks here.

It’s not a safety hazard. I’m an extremely experienced driver of cars and motorcycles on and off a track. speedboats and sailboats too! 99% of people shouldn’t use the weight. But I know I’m hyper aware of everything around me, and know the limitations of AP. To each their own.

My driving habits are not a factor of this thread. Bunch them into it if you want, but that’s on you.

Tesla wholeheartedly disagrees with you, otherwise steering wheel weights would be available for sale on their website.

If you are so hyper aware, you’d do okay keeping your hands on the wheel.

Your driving habits are not a factor, but your extreme rudeness, inability to hear valid criticism, coupled with dangerous suggestions and claims about 100% perfect AP all factor in together.