Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone here who test drove a P85D in the States have any experience with a Nissan GTR? How does it compare?

Also, when you guys get your Ds I think we need to have a national gathering or at least State by State gathering to go for spins :D

I enjoyed seeing the photos of the Tesla get together in Amsterdam last weekend, of course asking a bit too much to do that in Australia but a get together for each state on the same day would be great, maybe sometime in late October/November when the weather is reasonable, possibly could call it National Tesla day.

Dear Forum Members,

I AM BEING BUILT!

OMG me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Car in production !!!!

Congradts to all those in build/ship, and those that soon will be !!!!!!!

Just got back on the computer and saw this, my hand shaking .... I clicked 'My Tesla' (bu@#!!er). NOT YET for me. :crying:

Congrats to you both, but it does give me hope it won't be long.

I enjoyed seeing the photos of the Tesla get together in Amsterdam last weekend, of course asking a bit too much to do that in Australia but a get together for each state on the same day would be great, maybe sometime in late October/November when the weather is reasonable, possibly could call it National Tesla day.

Can certainly give it a go? We have had well attended meet ups in VIC and NSW so far. I reckon it would be pretty cool to do something in every state on the same day? I wonder if we could even get Tesla themselves interested?

Is a one year anniversary of the Australian launch in December too far away?

Can certainly give it a go? We have had well attended meet ups in VIC and NSW so far. I reckon it would be pretty cool to do something in every state on the same day? I wonder if we could even get Tesla themselves interested?

1st anniversary in early December sounds good, could be close to 1000 Model S in the country by then.

Can you imagine what a mass rally would achieve? A quiet word in a few reporters ears, and oh, the free publicity!! Gold, I tell you!!
A venue such as Bowral with access because of the superchargers in Goulburn and Sydney might be an idea ( if the Goulburn supercharger ever gets built).

Hey! QLD has had a bigger meet-up than VIC!!!

Congrats!!! Now let's see if yours finish building before mine :D

Hi Cynix,

Please let us know when yours gets built. I noticed this review that Tesla tweeted the other day: Tesla Model S P85D Review - IGN

There is a throw-away line in there reproduced below:

"4G LTE connectivity is starting to show up in the very latest cars rolling out of Tesla’s factory, though my loaner was still on 3G (and so thus I wasn’t able to evaluate how good the 4G signal is)."

Do you think this has any relevance to our cars?

Hi Cynix,

Please let us know when yours gets built. I noticed this review that Tesla tweeted the other day: Tesla Model S P85D Review - IGN

There is a throw-away line in there reproduced below:

"4G LTE connectivity is starting to show up in the very latest cars rolling out of Tesla’s factory, though my loaner was still on 3G (and so thus I wasn’t able to evaluate how good the 4G signal is)."

Do you think this has any relevance to our cars?

Pretty sure all cars built since June will have the LTE hardware, so we're future-proofed at least. However, they may or may not enable it for us — probably depends on their deal with Telstra.

Wooohooo!!

My car is officially "In Production"! Looks like they're finally really ramping up the Aussie D's to meet that Sept delivery date.

It's a shame I didn't go over for TMC connect this weekend I might have been able to spot my own car on the Production Line during a factory tour.