Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The delivery canceled, no reschedule thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved at the first opportunity. I ordered at the first opportunity. I waited and waited and waited. Finally, I got an e-mail (early Sep, asking for my delivery day preference). Then I waited some more.. never got a reply. Waited some more. Bugged them.. bugged them some more. Finally, got a person, who gave me a VIN. Then I got a date schedule. It was for tomorrow. Now today I login, and my delivery date and VIN are gone. Huge disappointment.

Deep Metalic Blue, Black, AWD, EAP, 18" aero
3/31/2016 - reserved
7/27/2018 - ordered (first AWD available to order in Canada)
9/14/2018 - VIN assigned; delivery date assigned (Sep 25)
9/24/2018 - VIN disappears. Delivery date disappears.

Call them .. and guess what, they have no info :(

They have my money. I'll eventually get the car, but I'll always remember how poorly they handled the situation.
That's why you never give them the money before delivery.

7/27/2018 - ordered (first AWD available to order in Canada)

Canada's a super low priority right now due to the whole US tax credit thing, and Ontario's far away from the factory so it doesn't help with end-of-quarter deliveries, so you may be waiting a while.

Reactions: voip-ninja
Had 2 deliveries scheduled - did my financing and trade paperwork - everything was set except - no vin. So at this point - no new date - back to Sept - Nov window showing on my order page.

My Inside Deliv Advisor basically has said no VIN - but said it in such a way that implied he had no part of making the VIN assignment. I have asked to get clarification on the exact process - how/who does do the VIN assignment? Asked him to clarify why they insist on scheduling deliveries without having a VIN assigned - as all that does is create a potential issue - which as we have seen - have come to fruition often here lately.

I have yet to get a reply to my questions - and I really don't expect to get one to be honest.

Reactions: neroden
6/30/18 - configured
on 9/6/18 - given a delivery date of 9/23
on 9/16/18 - I get a phone call from delivery center saying that my car "is on the ground" and can take delivery on 9/20 (to which i accept, tesla account reflects a VIN and purchase agreement)
on 9/18/18 - I get another call from delivery center confirming everything and making sure i'm coming on 9/20
on 9/19/18 - i get a text from Tesla saying my car would not be ready (tesla account no longer shows VIN, no more date)
on 9/21/18 - i get a call from a DA in a different state saying they've matched me to a new car and given a new date of 9/25
on 9/22/18 - i get my 3rd purchase agreement and tesla website reflects new VIN and date
on 9/23/18 - I get a call from delivery center saying my car wouldn't be delivered

and as of today no date or VIN

at this point... I'm not holding my breath, I'm not posting delivery date excitement to instagram, not sharing dates with friends, I stopped shopping for tesla accessories, car cleaning products, I'm just telling myself I'll get it for Christmas regardless of what phone call i get or what the website says.

I will say that I'll be effin irate if I don't get free supercharging (i got a performance model) because of all these delays.

(venting to this thread made me feel better)

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Sg911 and cwerdna
6/30/18 - configured
on 9/6/18 - given a delivery date of 9/23
on 9/16/18 - I get a phone call from delivery center saying that my car "is on the ground" and can take delivery on 9/20 (to which i accept, tesla account reflects a VIN and purchase agreement)
on 9/18/18 - I get another call from delivery center confirming everything and making sure i'm coming on 9/20
on 9/19/18 - i get a text from Tesla saying my car would not be ready (tesla account no longer shows VIN, no more date)
on 9/21/18 - i get a call from a DA in a different state saying they've matched me to a new car and given a new date of 9/25
on 9/22/18 - i get my 3rd purchase agreement and tesla website reflects new VIN and date
on 9/23/18 - I get a call from delivery center saying my car wouldn't be delivered

at this point... I'm not holding my breath, I'm not posting delivery date excitement to instagram, not sharing dates with friends, I stopped shopping for tesla accessories, car cleaning products, I'm just telling myself I'll get it for Christmas regardless of what phone call i get or what the website says.

I will say that I'll be effin irate if I don't get free supercharging (i got a performance model) because of all these delays.

Which delivery center?

I can empathize. Being jerked around definitely makes you feel unimportant as a customer. Buying this expensive car should be an awesome an fun experience. Buying accessories and the like are feel good events. But I know what you mean about just wanting the annoyances to end. I've contemplated just to cancel my order not to have to deal with it anymore... supposed to get delivery now on Friday. So we'll see..

My delivery was rescheduled less than 48 hours before my appointment. Second appointment cancelled an hour before my original delivery appointment. Disappointing customer service so far.

04/16/17 Reserved
06/27/18 Configured [Red, Aero, Premium, Black Interior, non-P AWD, EAD]
09/07/18 Delivery scheduled for 09/21, Tysons Corner, VA. No VIN assigned, but 'Edit' option removed after appointment was scheduled.
09/19/18 Delivery canceled, rescheduled for 09/28. No VIN assigned.
09/21/18 New delivery appointment canceled. Email stated "We’ll be reconnecting within the next few weeks to coordinate your delivery...".

Deep Metalic Blue, Black, AWD, EAP, 18" aero
I have the same config but I'm in SF Bay area.

Day 1 res
6/29 configured (I think my edit button disappeared almost immediately after I configured, but I've never gotten a VIN)
9/6 email from DA Brodie to schedule delivery week of 9/23
9/10 Email from Brodie scheduling delivery for 9/19
9/15 email from Annie with final delivery checklist and new DA David
9/17 phone call to cancel delivery
9/21 called 888 delivery number and they said they would give me an update, but haven't heard anything yet

*sigh* Add me to the list.

8/28 Configured (red LR AWD Aero EAP)
9/6 Email from DA Hugo to schedule delivery (no VIN), set for 9/27
9/19 VIN provided via email when I started pressing for financing purposes. Showed up in my account a few days later.
9/24 Insurance company tells me they can't find that VIN...and it has disappeared from by account.
9/25 Email from DA that I don't have a VIN, they can't generate paperwork and confirm delivery, and they will be reaching out "in the coming weeks".

*sigh *

• Informative
Got exact same "Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 and 9/30?".
Told the Yes, can pick it up tomorrow afternoon/night in SD if I get VIN and Purchase Agreement *right now* or before start of business day - need to have CU finalize the loan and issue a check.

Got exact same "Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 and 9/30?".
Told the Yes, can pick it up tomorrow afternoon/night in SD if I get VIN and Purchase Agreement *right now* or before start of business day - need to have CU finalize the loan and issue a check.

Did they answer you? I’m about to hit the head and it’s just been radio silence. Feels like when a girl texts you and you get too excited and text her back 3 times right away and now she thinks you’re desperate so she’s lost interest. Don’t friendzone me Tesla!

I can empathize. Being jerked around definitely makes you feel unimportant as a customer. Buying this expensive car should be an awesome an fun experience. Buying accessories and the like are feel good events. But I know what you mean about just wanting the annoyances to end. I've contemplated just to cancel my order not to have to deal with it anymore... supposed to get delivery now on Friday. So we'll see..

Yep. They’re going to have to clean this up before SR orders start happening. We enthusiasts are putting up with a lot - the general population will simply cancel and move on to whatever the crossover of the week is. You can’t treat people like this and expect to build a great brand in the long run.

My delivery day experience

Reserved 4/12/16
Configured 7/11/18
Delivery scheduled 9/28
Delivery delightfully moved up to 9/23
Delivery pushed back to 9/25 @ 4pm
9/25 @ 2pm: call local SC and they have no record of appointment or vehicle
9/25 @ 2:30pm: SC calls me and tells me my car is in Chicago headed to the east coast
Told VIN would be reassigned and replaced, rescheduled to 9/29 by end of call
9/25 @6 PM - VIN now missing but appointment shows 9/28 (not 9/29) on Account page
9/25 @10 PM - no VIN, no appointment, now showing 'schedule delivery' and Sept-Oct as expected delivery date

Also spoke with someone in outbound logistics today who confirmed that VIN is still sitting in Fremont, CA with no loading tag/destination as of yet.

Seriously W.T.F.

Last edited:
I got the same text last night but didn't see it until this morning. I said any day works. They can't do a sale in Colorado on the 30th but they could possibly deliver that day if the paperwork and payment were already processed. Most likely, I would just take delivery when doing the paperwork. Waiting to hear back.