Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The delivery canceled, no reschedule thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just WOW.
I would probably have responded with … "I'll take that delivery with NO CHARGE for upgraded wheels and NO CHARGE for EAP"

I am not going to be an easy customer at this point. This is serious money and a lot of work on the buyer's part

Taking delivery on Sunday, just submitted payment electronically, my exact config + a year of supercharging which I’m going to use to the max!

Non-owner
7/16/2017 - Ordered
6/29/2018 - Configured
9/17/2018 - Delivery scheduled for 9/29 at Marina del Rey location
9/24/2018 - Delivery location changed to Tesla Direct home delivery
9/28/2018 @ 10:15am - VIN assigned
9/28/2018 @ 12:15pm - VIN unassigned and delivery time frame is now Sep '18 - Nov '18

Between 9/24 and now, there's been a series of communication, financing, trade-in screw-ups that is too much for me to document. I am almost at a point of cancelling my order altogether (based on all their f-ups, I'd imagine they'd refund me my $3,500), and buying a non-Tesla vehicle this weekend.
Update... I just got a call from my ISA that the original car that was assigned to me is indeed available, but I need to pick it up at the local design studio vs home delivery tomorrow, which I gladly accepted. At this point, I'm not going to get too excited until I actually drive off with my M3 tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

R: 6/11/2017
O: 6/27
Modified: 6/28
Edit Disappeared: 9/17
Delivery Scheduled: 9/18 via DSA calling and texting me
MVPA w. VIN emailed and signed on 9/19. My account never updated with the MVPA or the VIN
Completed financing with my CU: 9/21
Received check from CU based on MVPA: 9/24
Emailed DSA about missing VIN on account: 9/24 …. no response ever
Called SC to confirm: 9/25 … got no commitment other than they can't track anything
SC Called left VMS and cancelled: 9/27 saying they don't have a car for me and I Don't have a VIN
Called back SC and left VMS 9/27: wanted to see wtf was going on since I had a VIN
Called DSA 9/27: Got attitude and pretty much Go away and we'll reach out whenever we get around to it

Now sitting on 2 checks from my bank and my CU while I accrue interest. I'll need to go back and update my finance info with the CU whenever they decide to assign me a VIN
Don't even know what to call my emotions right now … somewhere between disappointed, pissed, disgusted, annoyed, frustrated ….

Certainly believe some significant compensation is owed, but I'm sure they will not offer/ honor it. I really don't think they give a crap, especially after listening to the DSA pretty much blow me off and give me a line of BS knowing full well she f'd up and didn't complete her work after assigning a VIN and MVPA.

About to throw in the towel, especially after all the SEC crap...

I know what you’re going through. I was exactly here just two weeks ago. I knew I wouldn’t actually go through with it, but I really WANTED to cancel my order just to stick it to them.

Let me tell you: you will absolutely regret it.

Stop checking the forums for a few days. Focus on your hobbies. You’ll suddenly get an amazing call/text/email, and you’ll be ready.

The car exceeds the hype, even if you had to pay a little interest first.

Sounds like me:

Raleigh, NC
6/09/16 reservation
6/28/18 configuration (Silver Metallic, Aero, Black Interior, AWD, non-P, EAD)
9/06/18 delivery scheduled for 9/19 and added FSD
9/17/18 delivery canceled with no new date and no explanation at all. Promised updated delivery in hours, but I still don’t have a new date.

Never had a VIN and the “Edit Design” button was always live. It took 9 days to get an offer on my trade-in, and I’m still waiting for them to update the offer to match CarMax. They told me not to confirm the trade-in until that happens, but at the same time, they said their order checklist won’t advance until I click that button.

Local delivery manager said that no VIN means no car was specifically built for me and that he’d have to find one that matches my configuration.
Same here and I would love to know how they expect the solve this. Hang in there.

Yes it comes down to their scramble to make a potential sale is more important than your time.

Yet that's the whole thing, these aren't potential sales. They are more of a sure thing than my sisters best friend in high school. The money is in the bag and they are still #ucking it up, down, left, right just like my sisters best... ahh you get the point.

I was fine waiting for the additional month which was quoted to be the end of my delivery window. What I resent is having my time wasted while scrambling around changing my plans for a delivery that was realistically never going to happen in the first place.

EXACTLY. I rented a car, took a day off of work, took my son out of school and reserved a room because the DC is 4 hours away. I was told 11PM the night before I was to leave at 8AM. At least I could cancel the room, which I wasn't supposed to be able to do.

It's like kissing your kids goodnight and saying "See you tomorrow for Christmas!" and then they wake up and come down stairs and it's really the 1st day of school. Get excited and then NOTHING TO SEE HERE MOVE ALONG.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I think its all about the money not logistics chaos. I think this is intensional and the logistics chaos is mostly cover, a diversion for bypassing the reservation priority system and getting paid as quickly as possible once or twice for each car. Once you have paid there is no incentive to deliver your car. It appears most of us have paid in full. I paid in full after I had a VIN and delivery day and time. Then they sold my car to someone else. I think it's fraud. The original VIN didn't just evaporate. They sold my car a second time to someone else, got paid again and screwed me. I think it all about cash flow and making third quarter results look good. I am not happy about it! Have most of you paid in full?

I am sorry for all people here who had trouble. My car was delivered as originally promised on 09/26. I did get a text confirming it the day before, and also a personal call from the delivery center asking if I could pick it up earlier (which I could not). The car had some glitches, the most important one being the audio was dead. After some phone calls, the local delivery center did the right thing, and took the car back in the very next day - it is now fixed, flawless, and awesome. At the same time, when I went there Friday evening to pick it up the second time, there was chaos - they were delivering 4 model 3s at same time, the place was packed with people waiting their delivery.

To me, it sure looks like the end-of-quarter push resulted in awesome sales (we will see that this week I suppose), but also some very bad mix-ups. I am sure that current week will be all of a sudden much quieter, and all of you will get your cars. As others said, it is an amazing car, worth the wait.

• Informative
Honestly, if that were me, I would try to contact Elon personally about this f***-up, and if I couldn't reach him or no satisfactory remedy was offered I would sue them.
They took your money but did not only not give you the car you were entitled to get by giving them the money, they even sold it on to somebody else without your approval. I am sure that is highly legally actionable.

What a way to treat customers.
When I read stories like that I am indeed rethinking whether Tesla is the company I want to do business with in the near future!

I've been tweeting Elon but no response. Does anyone have any contact info for someone high up in customer service? I'm supposed to take delivery of a car this week, but that depends on who you ask. Nevada says I should have taken delivery last week, delivery center says this week, maybe. My only hope is that now that the quarter rush is over I won't have the car sold out from under me again...

• Informative
Doubt this anecdote will make anyone feel better, but at least it's an insight into how this works:

Had delivery scheduled for Friday AM. Everything seems on track - payment, MVPA, etc. Thursday noon I get a call: The car will *probably* be there, but we're not sure. I call the local office later that evening, and they say the car has left Chicago on the truck, and so should be arriving right at my scheduled 10:30 delivery. I saw you know what? I can wait a week or so, I want to make sure you've given the car the once over, it's fine if we push as long as the car is there. THEY SAY: If you don't take delivery you'll lose this VIN. SO: Any delay whatsoever on their part: Deal with it. Any delay whatsoever on your part: No car. I went ahead and took delivery at 1:30 that day, and it was fairly painless, but it didn't leave a great taste in my mouth.

• Informative
Original delivery scheduled 9/22, I drove in from out of state. I showed up and no car was there. No warning.

They made lots of promises about a new delivery date, kept none of them

No car, No VIN, No Delivery date, and my original VIN was sold to someone else

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
Posted this on another thread that I follow but thought I’d include it here as it’s more appropriate. I’m another victim of Tesla’s logistics hell. Went to pick up my car on Saturday in Dedham, MA only to find an absolute *sugar* show. Was there for 5 hrs and left there without my car. Since MA DMV closes at 5, they couldn’t register cars after this time. Then they proceeded to pressure everyone into paying for their cars to make “pick up quicker at the beginning of the week” but it was really to boost Tesla’s Q3 earnings. Went to pick up car today, spent another 3 hrs there, only to find out my car is still in California. So I left with a loaner but will start paying loan payments soon on a car that is in California with no exact delivery date. I should have known something was fishy after my original VIN given to me changed about 1.5 weeks before my scheduled delivery. Has anyone been compensated or given any incentives? DM me if so. Would love to know if I could negotiate.

Original delivery was supposed to be 9/16. I've had it rescheduled 3 times and now don't even have a new date. I talked to my wife tonight and the experience has been so poor we decided if we don't get a call back tomorrow we're probably canceling. Winter is around the corner and we've waited long enough. Good luck to everyone who's sticking it out!