Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Last Founders X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the Unicorn founders edition ... the launch party was great fun :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    343.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    370.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4063.JPG
    IMG_4063.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 129
A'Tuin, the world turtle that swims through space with four elephants on its back that in turn support the (flat) world, as explained by Terry Pratchet in the Discworld series.

IMG_0922.JPG

As a side note, the principle city is ruled by Lord Vetinari, who believes in the principle of "one man, one vote"- and he is that man. (Or he may be in Alaska)

• Love
Reactions: S'toon
Furtle?

I wouldn't spend more on xpel etc than you would if your car was regular production. Based on resale figures I've seen, Signature and founders editions don't fetch anything additional. I wish they did :)

Last edited:
Furtle?

I wouldn't spend more on xpel etc than you would if your car was regular production. Based on resale figures I've seen, Signature and founders editions don't fetch anything additional. I wish they did :)

I covered my Roadster with it. It's a one-of-a-kind Founders. That may or may not be worth something down the road. But 2017 fold flat AP2.0 and 100kWh battery & yes, I want to protect it from flying gravel. The roads are covered right now because of all the storms we've had over the last three months.

Both my cars are covered in film and nano coating. I'm not suggesting you don't do it, merely suggesting I wouldn't do it just because it's a founders edition.
I wonder if that is usually because they are usually early builds of each model (which might mean more issues/less standard items than later builds)? Not sure, but that line of thinking would cross my mind if I was in the used market looking

Very nice Bonnie!

Earlier in the thread you mentioned opting for the 5-seater in order to accommodate dogs. How has this configuration worked for them?
Well I've only had it 24 hours, but they've been in it today. I bought mats for the back from Lloyds to protect everything.. Bonus is the air suspension - on the lowest setting, my semi-handicapped dog can jump in (vs. me picking up an 80+ lb dog). They're fascinated by the falcon wing doors, a little taken aback by the hatch opening and closing without me right there. But they're dogs. This will be the new normal for them by tomorrow. :)

Congrats Bonnie! We had the X as a loaner for several days and our 90#+ Berner was totally freaked out by the doors. I am sure she would have gotten used to them over time. The desire to 'go with us' versus staying home would have been too big to pass up!

Reactions: DaveT and bonnie