Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The longest EV charging network in West Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the rumoured price of model y is true then am I right to assume the RWD base model will be within the rebate limit? As well as polestar 2 fwd with pilot lite?
Wasn't the rumoured price of standard range Model Y around $67k plus gst? If so, I don't think it will qualify

Funnily enough, I was on the Polestar website yesterday pricing up a car, and it looks like the base model (standard range, single motor) will come in just under the rebate limit.... I'm thinking that a test drive may be on the cards ...

LHD in Alexandria NSW showroom. Test drives aren't until June. Deliveries start in August. Yet to see anything of comparative value to the extended range model at sub $50k after rebates/stamp duty exemption.
I think they'll sell a heap of these. As you say, they really fill a niche at that price, pretty great value for people who want an EV and don't want to (or can't) spend $$$$$$

It looks like both Synergy and Horizon have been busy talking with various shire councils in the last few months, and locations have been selected in several towns on the route. A brief summary:

Rock Way, Lancelin - same location as proposed Tesla supercharger, as noted earlier in this thread.
Murray St, Jurien Bay - across the road from the awesome BiØfil fast charger at the Ampol
Francis St, Geraldton - at existing 24 hour "RV Parking"
Lions Park, Northampton
Grey St, Kalbarri - near the IGA
55 Clarendon St, Derby - awaiting final confirmation
Lot 302 (Reserve 36824) Forrest Rd, Fitzroy Crossing - awaiting final confirmation
Hall St, Halls Creek - next to the Visitor Centre
Grey St, Northam - next to the Visitor Centre
1 Altair St, Southern Cross - adjacent to Great Eastern Highway
90 Bayley St, Coolgardie - aka Great Eastern Highway
Welcome Park, Norseman
James St, Esperance - behind RSL Memorial Park

Anyone spot any others that I've missed?

I believe in Kojonup the plan is to upgrade the existing Kodja Pl site

Synergy charging station. Providing for more electric vehicles can only be good for
Kojonup. Given the proposed new drive through requires civil works - has the previous
parking plan for the western car park been considered and incorporated?

Yes, the previous master parking plan for Kodja Place was considered and it has been discussed
with both Synergy and the Council. It was agreed between the parties, that whilst some adjustments
will have to be made, the drive-through station can be developed with the least impact to the traffic
flow and parking solutions. The Kodja Place master plan for car parking will be required to be
adjusted to suit the new charging station.

Most of the submitted proposals talk about "drive-through" charging locations, allowing towing vehicles to charge without unhooking their trailers.

Great update [Zombie]. Lots of work behind the scenes. People in the Facebook groups often complain that "there's been zero progress in 18 months" simply because they can't see any digging happening. I explain that there is often significant progress, and the majority of it is invisible to the general public.

I bet there are several more than just happen to not be on public record (maybe privately owned land, maybe councils which don't have a requirement to advertise such things publicly, etc).

I wonder if the BiØfil at Jurien Bay will find a new home in a more "off the beaten track" location?

Great update [Zombie]. Lots of work behind the scenes. People in the Facebook groups often complain that "there's been zero progress in 18 months" simply because they can't see any digging happening. I explain that there is often significant progress, and the majority of it is invisible to the general public.

And of course the digging bit only happens right at the end of the process, and once the digging starts, often it’s not that long before the charger is up and running.

(pandemic, bushfires, floods and electricity supply problems notwithstanding - Karuah Chargefox was built but not operational for about 8 months for 3 of those reasons).

The final "approved" map has been released

WA-ehwy-final.png

Nice.. only change I can see is an additional site at Jerramungup!

I’m looking at slides from a recent presentation and it gives the following timeline:

* Hardware vendor announcement (has already been selected)
* Software vendor awarded
* Brand name confirmed
* Construction commencing end of 2022
* First installation expected in early 2023
* Fully operational in 2024