Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The longest EV charging network in West Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chargefox to handle the software and management as per an update on Synergy's website. Does anyone have any inside scoop on the first opening?
What is happening with the tender?
Synergy and Horizon Power are pleased to advise that following a tender process the hardware contract has been awarded to JET Charge who will be providing Kempower, Tritium and ChargeMate chargers for installation across the EV network. We've also awarded the software and charger management tender to 100% Australian owned company Chargefox.

Another view of the whole site (from the same tweet chain as above):

cDupv7Q.png

2x 150 kW units, each with 2x CCS2 plugs, capable of simultaneous charging of up to 2x 150 kW or 4x 75 kW.

Last edited:
Another view of the whole site (from the same tweet chain as above):

cDupv7Q.png

2x 150 kW units, each with 2x CCS2 plugs, capable of simultaneous charging of up to 2x 150 kW or 4x 75 kW.
What is going on in this picture? I assume that the lines are all needing to be remarked, but even then, the bollard on the far left does not seem to line up with the wheelchair ramp and once new lines place vehicles to the left and right of the charging pillars, a large amount of the ramp will be obstructed by the charging vehicle.

TOCWA has posted that their live stream tonight is going to feature a WA EV Highway segment at the start - 10:30pm AEDT (i.e. when this comment is ~20 minutes old) [Edit: 35 minutes in, hasn't started yet, still awaiting their guest to join!]

Last edited:
Moderators note, discussion about what constitutes electricity theft has been moved to:

Do Synergy/Horizon have any up-to-date information that's easily accessible?

It was great to have Sandra on the TOCWA call and there's occasional updates on Plugshare and even rarer media releases on the project, but I'm not aware of anywhere public that has regular updates. With other government projects (generally transport) there are project websites with monthly updates, would be good to have that for the WA EV Network.

(self-interest disclaimer - I'm taking Ivory to Kalbarri in the next school holidays, schedule may align with Geraldton DCFC being available but at least there's the TOCWA charger to fall back on if not...)

Yeah the plan is to buy a konhs 3 phase for the journey. Also handy to have one as a plan B
how long is the journey? If less than 3 weeks it may be better value to join TOCWA for $20 and borrow cables and spare wheel/tyre