Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 terrifies BMW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My apologies if this has already been brought up. In light of yesterday's announcement, the message is clear: "If you can't beat 'em, then shame 'em."

upload_2016-10-20_17-45-10.png

While I'd enjoy being in the driver's seat and fully able to fully control the car, I'd also like my car to take steps to prevent itself from being damaged -- especially if it has 4x the number of eyes I do. :cool:

P.S. No, I'm not advertising for BMW. That movie will not play no matter how hard you click it. :p

You can wait for BMW to build the safest sedan.
You can wait for BMW to build the fastest sedan.
You can wait for BMW to build a really efficient sedan.

You can visit your BMW dealer and buy today what ever happens to be in stock.
BMW the best at utilizing your cash flow; with the profits to prove it.

You can custom order a Tesla Model S today and wait for delivery of the car with the options you chose in a couple of months.

Your cash flow, your choice.

Thought I would drop these here. Looks like BMW is considering Tesla a true threat based on this new campaign targeting Tesla.

You can wait for BMW to build the safest sedan.
You can wait for BMW to build the fastest sedan.
You can wait for BMW to build a really efficient sedan.

You can visit your BMW dealer and buy today what ever happens to be in stock.
BMW the best at utilizing your cash flow; with the profits to prove it.

You can custom order a Tesla Model S today and wait for delivery of the car with the options you chose in a couple of months.

Your cash flow, your choice.

• Love
Reactions: Red Sage
Reactions: tga and ohmman
You know what else is a bit of a weird EV? My Model X.
I'm guessing you are referring mainly to the falcon wing doors here. The difference there is that, while weird as in different, it actually looks cool. I'm not sure anybody outside the Leaf forums thinks the Leaf looks cool, and judging by the flocks of people the Model X can draw, people outside this forum think it looks cool too.

I'm guessing you are referring mainly to the falcon wing doors here. The difference there is that, while weird as in different, it actually looks cool. I'm not sure anybody outside the Leaf forums thinks the Leaf looks cool, and judging by the flocks of people the Model X can draw, people outside this forum think it looks cool too.
There's cool and then there's over engineered.

Things have to be over-engeneered to be cool. Things that had an ordinary amount of effort put in are ... ordinary. Which is why BMWs aren't selling and Teslas are, IMHO. The effort to be cutting edge (ie, EV) just isn't there, or if it is, we haven't yet seen the results of it.
I disagree. Things have to be inspired to be cool. Over-engineering makes things prone to failure or at least a significant inconvenience. Hence the word "over."

I was referring to the doors mainly, yeah. But the windshield probably qualifies as well, as do the second row seats. The ones that don't fold flat and have glossy seat backs. In my world, those are weird things.

Living with it every day, I can assure you that it's definitely a bit of a weird EV. I can make anyone understand the Model S. The X isn't quite as easy a mental sale.