Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Juice Booster 2 ordered with a gazillion adaptors this afternoon, cable groundworks and electrician install for charging happening next week. Still waiting on a few LuckEasy accessories which seem to be taking as long as the car to turn up but pretty much all good to go....

Overall experience with accessory suppliers as follows :

Juice Booster - excellent comms and directed me to e-driver.net which ended up the best value for the charging package, will update on delivery experience next week.

Abstract Ocean - outstanding comms and delivery experience - quicker than some UK stuff.

Tesla Parts - again excellent speed with shipping of accessories from Netherlands warehouse. They use UPS which is always a positive.

LuckEasy / AliExpress.... meh. Slow and poor comms, bad attitude when contacted about shipping time 7 weeks after ordering and no tracking updates. Won’t bother again.

Electrical supplies - Screwfix (Interlocked IP67 commando sockets) and RS-Electrical-Supplies (SWA cable, consumer unit, RCBOs) - both excellent with 3-day delivery, no issues there.

You've been waiting since may!?! Other than ensuring you’ve completed all the steps on your account (which you’ve probably done a long time ago) there’s not much you can do!

if you can see your car spec on the new inventory you’ve probably already been matched - call or webchat them :)

Where exactly is the webchat? I can't see it anywhere while on the Tesla website or the account pages. :confused:

Juice Booster 2 ordered with a gazillion adaptors this afternoon, cable groundworks and electrician install for charging happening next week. Still waiting on a few LuckEasy accessories which seem to be taking as long as the car to turn up but pretty much all good to go....

Overall experience with accessory suppliers as follows :

Juice Booster - excellent comms and directed me to e-driver.net which ended up the best value for the charging package, will update on delivery experience next week.

Abstract Ocean - outstanding comms and delivery experience - quicker than some UK stuff.

Tesla Parts - again excellent speed with shipping of accessories from Netherlands warehouse. They use UPS which is always a positive.

LuckEasy / AliExpress.... meh. Slow and poor comms, bad attitude when contacted about shipping time 7 weeks after ordering and no tracking updates. Won’t bother again.

Electrical supplies - Screwfix (Interlocked IP67 commando sockets) and RS-Electrical-Supplies (SWA cable, consumer unit, RCBOs) - both excellent with 3-day delivery, no issues there.

Have to say I've had a surprisingly good experience with LuckEasy on AliExpress. I order some frunk clips (for shopping bags) and frunk struts, they arrived within a week (from China)! They dispatched within hours, had them on the plane within a couple of days and then delivery two days later.

I'm pretty surprised. I ordered on 21st July and had email confirmation last Friday (31st), for delivery on 19th August. When I ordered the website said September and someone I spoke to last week (following up my test drive) confirmed that nothing had been allocated so expect "late September". However from this thread it sounds like the time to delivery can be somewhat random.

My only concern is taking a '20 plate 12 days before the '70 plates arrive. If I ask Tesla to hold the car are they more likely to push back into the queue again? I do have something I need the car for mid-Sept so don't want to get pushed back too far!

Hi, If you ask tesla to hold the car, it will be re-assigned and go back to the bottom of the list, you've probably been lucky and that your spec there was a lot of or not many orders of etc.

I ordered on 2/6 and still not matched to a vehicle yet. So it really is luck of the draw on what you've ordered and who is going for that spec, although some people who have ordered the same spec have got the car allocated, but it may have been my lease provider who has sat on the order for a while before submitting to Tesla.

Hi, If you ask tesla to hold the car, it will be re-assigned and go back to the bottom of the list, you've probably been lucky and that your spec there was a lot of or not many orders of etc.

I ordered on 2/6 and still not matched to a vehicle yet. So it really is luck of the draw on what you've ordered and who is going for that spec, although some people who have ordered the same spec have got the car allocated, but it may have been my lease provider who has sat on the order for a while before submitting to Tesla.
There's just no logic to the allocation process. I tried the first time to figure it out but gave up.:confused:

• Funny
Reactions: fancealot
I have an odd suspicion that my car is on the Glovis Captain since I haven’t received a text arranging a delivery / collection date yet which I’m assuming means looking at September delivery rather than the optimistic mid August Tesla told me last week :-/

Am the same @Alistairuk - got the least helpful Tesla delivery person so far today who basically refused to understand I have a full work diary, 400 mile round trip to collect and a wife whose car I need to use to get to collection location.

Will try again in a few days and hope for helpful lottery person next time. All I need to know is the week it will be, it doesn’t feel like asking much after 5 months.

I have an odd suspicion that my car is on the Glovis Captain since I haven’t received a text arranging a delivery / collection date yet which I’m assuming means looking at September delivery rather than the optimistic mid August Tesla told me last week :-/

Mr car is in the Glovis Captain and I was given a Heathrow collection date of 9th September... they also offered 10th and 11th...

Reactions: JupiterMan
Oh, and a few people have mentioned having VINs allocated. How does that relate to the delivery date? i.e. is my delivery only definite if I also have a VIN?

I reserved on 27th May and received confo of matched car and VIN at the end of last week

Lease company have confirmed delivery 1st-4th September but Tesla will not confirm until the car is closer to the UK

h

The communication from Tesla seems to be all over the place with some having delivery dates but no VIN, texts and no texts and VIN supplied but no delivery date.

I sit in the camp where lease company and Tesla have confirmed my VIN, Lease company have advised delivery 1st-4th September but Tesla have said they cannot give me a date until the car is nearer to the UK and probably two weeks before delivery. Oh and I have had no text chatter at all.

In all my years of new German cars it has never been like this but in a funny way I am quite enjoying the ride...

h

The communication from Tesla seems to be all over the place with some having delivery dates but no VIN, texts and no texts and VIN supplied but no delivery date.

I sit in the camp where lease company and Tesla have confirmed my VIN, Lease company have advised delivery 1st-4th September but Tesla have said they cannot give me a date until the car is nearer to the UK and probably two weeks before delivery. Oh and I have had no text chatter at all.

In all my years of new German cars it has never been like this but in a funny way I am quite enjoying the ride...

h

I am in the camp that has a Match to your status.