Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same, I got my text this morning and chose the 1st! Where is your pick up?

Good luck to everyone for the next week. Looks like the Grand Dahlia is starting to assign. Hope we get some happy shoppers.

Excited right now, in exactly a month and 3 days time I'll be whining about panel gaps.

Edit: just notices s88ats, you have the same pick up as me! We should have a competition to see who has the most pieces of loose trim!

In your competition - will the winner be the one with the most, or the least, car with with loose trim? :)

I wish it was as easy as this but I hastily sold my GLC to buy myself a cake day present with the expectation of it to arrive on the delivery month that I was given when I placed it (Aug). I did however subsequently change my order and understand i was in the queue again but I was given the end of Aug beginning of September as the new delivery month and have been assigned a VIN. I don't know if being proactive helps or if it is a plain annoyance to tesla staff by receiving a weekly call for an update.

Logically if they say your car is expected on x date, it should arrive on x date. If for whatever reason it doesn't arrive on x date then the priority should be given on the next available one - not to the next customer who places the same configured car.

When you say you were assigned 3 different vins, did you query with them why you didn't receive the car with that vin? if so what was their response?
I see you've got a date now, so hopefully everything will proceed as planned...

I can only hope for everyone on this thread (including me) that things are a bit better than they were in the period of May-September last year where there seemed to be no rhyme or reason why some got dates, texts, information and others (like me) got a stoney silence and were left guessing.

There were even cases of people booking flights, train tickets etc. to collect their cars and being told on the day that their car wasn't there to collect. It was also virtually impossible to get through on the phone to speak to anyone then, but it seems to be better in that respect now.

Anyway, good luck and I hope the rest of your Tesla experience is a good one. My first one certainly has been!

I see you've got a date now, so hopefully everything will proceed as planned...

I can only hope for everyone on this thread (including me) that things are a bit better than they were in the period of May-September last year where there seemed to be no rhyme or reason why some got dates, texts, information and others (like me) got a stoney silence and were left guessing.

There were even cases of people booking flights, train tickets etc. to collect their cars and being told on the day that their car wasn't there to collect. It was also virtually impossible to get through on the phone to speak to anyone then, but it seems to be better in that respect now.

Anyway, good luck and I hope the rest of your Tesla experience is a good one. My first one certainly has been!
Yes but again I'm not sure if it was by me calling them up for an "update" or coincidence.
I dare think what people were going through during that period, personally I feel that would have tainted my experience regardless of how amazing the car is. Radio silence would drive me insane.
The waiting game doesn't seem bad considering the other cases.

I'm still interested to know what they said about the vin though, if anything.

Yes but again I'm not sure if it was by me calling them up for an "update" or coincidence.
I dare think what people were going through during that period, personally I feel that would have tainted my experience regardless of how amazing the car is. Radio silence would drive me insane.
The waiting game doesn't seem bad considering the other cases.

I'm still interested to know what they said about the vin though, if anything.
They said nothing about the VIN changes because they didn't know the reason themselves. I even drove to West Drayton one day because I couldn't speak to anyone on the phone and the Tesla person I saw there said that all they could tell me was it my car was "in transit" and she also said she had ordered one herself and hadn't received any updates about it, even though she worked for them!

I have to admit I'm an impatient person and it tested me to my limit. I did begin to doubt whether it was a good decision (to buy a Tesla) but I stuck with it even when others were cancelling their orders and slagging the company and their products off.
Now all that has faded into insignificance. ;)

HOLY MOTHER OF ****BALLS. it appears I have a match (originally ordered 19 Nov, re-ordered 28 Feb).

VIN starting 761, can't quite deduce which ship, possibly GLOVIS CAPTAIN.

Blimey, seems like I may actually get a car .... ETA 3 Sep.
That's a LONG wait! I assume that's the Grand Dahlia you want to be tracking though. My delivery date is 1st Sep and Tesla have confirmed my car is on the Dahlia

Reactions: Alex987854
If your not annoying your wife your not doing it right.....
Definitely true! Before the order it was annoying her by watching all the tesla youtube vids now it's tracking several ships, pestering Tesla on if i've got a car yet, looking on what to buy for my shiny toy amongst other things lol

I honestly thought she was going to leave when I mentioned my next car (in 3 years when my lease is up) will probably be a Y lol!!!

haha I'm glad I'm not the only one annoying my wife with the constant tracking and daily obsession on finding out where in the ocean my car is. My brain can't fathom the car won't arrive any earlier and will arrive when it arrives.

Has anyone else been carried away with buying stuff for it now that you know its coming or is that just me?

I can't seem to find a good controller though :rolleyes:

haha I'm glad I'm not the only one annoying my wife with the constant tracking and daily obsession on finding out where in the ocean my car is. My brain can't fathom the car won't arrive any earlier and will arrive when it arrives.

Has anyone else been carried away with buying stuff for it now that you know its coming or is that just me?

I can't seem to find a good controller though :rolleyes:

I started within a week of ordering :) So far I have acquired; Screen Protector, Centre Console Tray, Holder for key card, car mats, rubber mats for trunk/frunk (used Wish! they took a few weeks to appear but seem ok - certainly for £20) and things for the centre of the alloy when you remove the aero wheels (£6 from eBay - probably not as high quality as the official tesla ones but they look good and will do temporarily anyway since I intend to keep the aero's on)