Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Mystery of the Edit Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 2 reservation holder here and current owner. Was invited configure a while back but was holding out for AWD or P. Ended up confirming P yesterday evening, fully loaded and chose cash as payment. Edit button was still there this morning but went away the moment I uploaded my driver's license and insurance information and all options were checked green. Optimistic this will mean fast delivery. Trade in can still be changed but I don't want to mess with it and risk a delay.

Question, I will likely still pay cash but will shop around for loan/interest rates to see if I'm better off keeping my savings where they are. If I do change payment method, does anyone know what to do? Option can no longer be changed on the site. Do I just call or wait until they contact me for delivery?
If you change your Trade In preference, your edit button will most likely come back.

There is no mystery.

If it is gone it got two meanings. You got a VIN or your check boxes are all green.

If it is there it got two meanings. You do not got a VIN or you miss some check boxes.

You do not need all check boxes to got a VIN. If you got all check boxes you do not guaranteed to got VIN. Tell them you got a trade in to see change.

There is no mystery.

If it is gone it got two meanings. You got a VIN or your check boxes are all green.

If it is there it got two meanings. You do not got a VIN or you miss some check boxes.

You do not need all check boxes to got a VIN. If you got all check boxes you do not guaranteed to got VIN. Tell them you got a trade in to see change.

How can I finalize a car loan ahead of time?

That's the only box uncompleted for me ... I don't think this is why I am still seeing the Edit button.

I don't think people should change it to cash unless you're actually going to be paying with cash. My edit button was there when I had Tesla financing selected but as soon as I changed it to cash the edit button immediately went away. I would assume they would rather fulfill orders where people are paying in full in cash versus having to set up a loan and deal with credit issues. If you change it to cash just to get a car but have no plans on actually paying with cash then you are potentially affecting other people that are.

Um, you go to the bank, you say here's the grand total of the car, then you say can I get a loan for that amount. It's not that complicated? The price of the car isn't going to just change after you place an order.

Gee ... thanks! I hadn't thought of that o_O

My point being that having a loan is not why the edit button disappears. Tesla doesn't need any of this loan info for now.

There is no mystery.

I don't think this is entirely true.

It disappears after 2-3 days. Also, I cannot change some of my checked boxes whereas I could before.