Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new Prius: Saw 8 M3s today...

xKRSx

May 5, 2018
California
I remember back in the early 2000s during my commute for one of my first jobs to / from Silicon Valley I would see countless BMW 3 Series cars. Even though it felt like every other car was a 3 series back then, I know I still wanted one. I envision that it will be the same case with the Model 3. I see anywhere from 2 to 5 on the road one way for my current commute and though seeing a Model 3 now is not as 'special', it is still a good looking car and I still want one. =P

devilmountain

Jan 31, 2018
Walnut Creek
At least the Model 3 way better looking than a Prius. That being said I see tons of X's and S's on my way in. Model 3 is still sort of a rare bird for me to see. I saw my first one in well over 2 weeks yesterday, a sliver model.

Cheburashka

Jan 29, 2018
Los Gatos, CA
I saw five or six parked at the Stanford campus in different spots yesterday as I was walking from class. Getting close to Prius numbers in the SF Bay Area for sure. The novelty has worn off.

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
They are alive and well here in Houston TX. Small gathering for some Texas BBQ.

FB_IMG_1526507544932.jpg

Reactions: SW2Fiddler

SoCalGuy

Apr 22, 2012
So Cal & New York, NY
Update... saw two today in Arcadia (a matte grey and a white one) and saw another blue one on the 91 in carpool.

Two of my parents neighbors have one in their gated community... a white and a silver (though the silver is rarely seen...)

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
My local service center in Wexford, PA, is the only one in the area. They say they've delivered about 50 Model 3's so far, so they are definitely a rare sight around here. I've never seen another one, only a few Model S cars and one or two X's.

physicsfita

Jan 20, 2014
Ann Arbor, MI
The only production Model 3 I've seen in Michigan was the one I actively sought out. I did see a test vehicle at the Ann Arbor supercharger a few weeks before the very first deliveries.

dethman

Apr 19, 2018
socal
see at least 2-4 every day on my commute in orange county ca. looks like most other cars, doesn't stand out in any way. which is a good thing.

mrsandman

Jan 21, 2016
Los Angeles
I'm surprised how common the M3 is already even though less than 20K have been delivered. Just today I saw 8 Model 3s in the wild all over the South Bay in LA (PV, Redondo, Torrance)... I can only imagine how many more will be on the road once Tesla is at full prod speed! Yikes!

As an aside, I saw one silver, one red, one blue, 2 white, and 3 midnight silvers with various wheel combos. The red is pretty striking in person/on the road.
That’s my daily commute and while there are a lot of Tesla’s in that area the most 3’s I’ve seen in one trip was 4 (excluding mine of course).

physicsfita

Jan 20, 2014
Ann Arbor, MI
The only production Model 3 I've seen in Michigan was the one I actively sought out. I did see a test vehicle at the Ann Arbor supercharger a few weeks before the very first deliveries.
Of course — the day after I posted this, I saw a blue Model 3 on the road just north of Fenton and a silver Model 3 parked in Ann Arbor. o_O

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC