Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Red Room (Superior Color ofc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly don't think [PPF is] worth it. I plan to ceramic coat my car when it arrives. Currently selling the model 3 and chips(which aren't noticeable) didn't matter.
That's the same conclusion I came to. I'm doing a multiple layer ceramic coat instead. May possibly do PPF on the front air dam/bumper at some point, but not even sure about that.

Reactions: Cyb_
Having debate with hubby about whether PPF is really worth it.

Hubby: We're not car fanatics and have never put any sort of protection on our cars. Me: But we went all-in for the red multi-coat with this one and it makes sense we'd want to keep it looking its best.

How pricey is it to have a detailer fix scrapes and nicks from road debris on Tesla red multi-coat, and how close to original would it look if done well? Is this damage more noticeable on Teslas than on other cars if gone unfixed?
Personally I'm going all in after seeing how my model 3 has held up to rocks and my wife's MCR model Y with 17k miles looks pretty beat up.

I am going to go route of xpel stealth which will make the car matte red. Figured if I'm doing the full ppf wrap why not go matte.

I think this will be a very unique look. I'm excited. Red Model S with XPEL Stealth

I honestly don't think it's worth it. I plan to ceramic coat my car when it arrives. Currently selling the model 3 and chips(which aren't noticeable) didn't matter.
I was quoted 7k for Xpel a few years ago, and like you I didn’t think it was worth it. I went ahead and got the opticoat done for a 1000 bucks and 3.5 years later the car still looked fantastic.

Reactions: Cyb_
I Ordered mine Monday (20th) and they delivered Wednesday (22nd) This is not my first Tesla but the quality of the Car delivered was top-notch.
I am super happy.

Attachments

• IMG-1279.JPG
    IMG-1279.JPG
    444.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG-1278.JPG
    IMG-1278.JPG
    602.9 KB · Views: 146
That’s a quick turn around! Looks amazing! Hopefully mine will be arriving soon as I see others get their vin within a few days of ordering.
True, I have the same Tesla representative every time I order a Tesla, he called me the same day I put in my order to check that everything is fine and 2 days later he called again saying there is the same car I ordered with 5 miles on it ready for delivery, the original person who ordered it can't take delivery as they are traveling and it is mine if I want to as long as I take delivery before the end of the week....and the rest is history.

After multiple notifications from Tesla this morning that my delivery was all set for tomorrow, I just received a text message from the Service Center informing me that the car has yet to arrive. I called and spoke to one of the SAs, who explained that logistics are currently pretty fouled up by a lack of truck drivers. Tesla is apparently pushing to get "a lot" of cars delivered before the end of the year, so numerous cars are scheduled to go out in the next couple of days. Mine is still officially supposed to arrive today, and if it does, all will be well. If it doesn't arrive until tomorrow, I'll most likely have to make ANOTHER 250 mile round trip the following day to pick it up. (My original delivery appointment was chosen to allow me to combine pickup with a 400 mile round trip I have to make anyway.) 🤬

Received a call from the Knoxville SC first thing this morning to let me know that the car had arrived overnight and that they had just completed their pre-delivery inspection: except for 2 missing items (the cargo area cover and the rear license plate bracket), she looked great. So of course I raced the 93 miles to Knoxville in record time 😬 and picked up this beauty:

07570CA9-C15E-43B5-8BD3-F05862DDE140.jpeg

After looking her over with as objective an eye as I could (found a few tiny paint inclusions on the hood — otherwise paint was outstanding), I headed off on a 200 mile round trip as a bit of a “shakedown cruise.” Here’s her first Supercharger stop passing through Knoxville again on the way back home:

52EE4B2B-2908-4FB6-A358-46D456524BA6.jpeg

The only issue that came up is that I keep getting a “Park assist unavailable” warning on the instrument panel, and of course, park assist *IS* unavailable for no apparent reason.

I just updated the car to the latest software, so perhaps it will fix it. If that’s the only issue that turns up, I’ll be more than pleased!

Thoughts from my 4 hour, ~300 mile drive (in Chill mode, I’ll admit):

The car is amazing! Smooth, seemingly limitless power; beautiful interior; love the touchscreen; REALLY love the yoke; adapted very quickly to single-pedal driving. Headlights are mediocre but the fog lights help immensely. All in all, 12/10!!!

The only issue that came up is that I keep getting a “Park assist unavailable” warning on the instrument panel, and of course, park assist *IS* unavailable for no apparent reason.

I just updated the car to the latest software, so perhaps it will fix it. If that’s the only issue that turns up, I’ll be more than pleased!
For those interested, updating to the latest software release (2021.44.25.2) fixed the Park Assist issue! 🥳

• Informative
Reactions: Cyb_ and bllydia
Received a call from the Knoxville SC first thing this morning to let me know that the car had arrived overnight and that they had just completed their pre-delivery inspection: except for 2 missing items (the cargo area cover and the rear license plate bracket), she looked great. So of course I raced the 93 miles to Knoxville in record time 😬 and picked up this beauty:

View attachment 749395

After looking her over with as objective an eye as I could (found a few tiny paint inclusions on the hood — otherwise paint was outstanding), I headed off on a 200 mile round trip as a bit of a “shakedown cruise.” Here’s her first Supercharger stop passing through Knoxville again on the way back home:

View attachment 749400

Thoughts from my 4 hour, ~300 mile drive (in Chill mode, I’ll admit):

The car is amazing! Smooth, seemingly limitless power; beautiful interior; love the touchscreen; REALLY love the yoke; adapted very quickly to single-pedal driving. Headlights are mediocre but the fog lights help immensely. All in all, 12/10!!!
Congrats!!!! Awesome pics

Reactions: hazeleyes
Here is a picture of my Red/White Plaid that is only a couple of weeks old. I did remove the big square front license holder. I ordered mine with the 19" Tempest wheels, as I learned my lesson from a previous Tesla that had the 21" wheels. I took off the black wheel covers and added after market center caps. I like this look much better, but others might not agree.

Attachments

• Plaid 01.jpg
    Plaid 01.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 129
Ordered my S LR Red/Cream/19" this week. Now the long wait until July. I did get a txt the day after I ordered that they have a plaid I could pick up this week. The extra $$$ aren't worth it to me though. Told them I'd take it if they give it to me at LR price but they didn't bite.

I do have a 3 LR order that I had to put on hold because of issues with my trade in. Trying to decide if I cancel that and just wait on the S or get the 3 then trade `that` for the S.

• Funny
Reactions: scrapps
I was planning to put 15 mm spacers on it, but after some research, I need to cut the stubs because there is not enough space on the back of these Arachnid wheels. Something I don't want to deal with now, maybe later. :cool:
This is how the car looks now with 20 mm spacers all around. The back could have been 25 mm, but happy with it as it.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 99
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 87
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 90
Here are a couple of quick photos I grabbed when I picked her up last night after tinting and ceramic coating: Kavaca Ceramic IR 55% on windshield, 25% sides & rear; 4 coats Ceramic Pro 9H on paint, wheels, and calipers. The shop did a beautiful job — couldn’t be more pleased!

View attachment 753360
View attachment 753361
View attachment 753362
Looks beautiful! Just word of caution to be careful in cold climate on those tires. Seems all the Plaids were delivered with summer tires. About to swap mine out for all seasons.