Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The SR+ is fast!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery at about 9:30 pm last night of my SR+! Today was my first day of driving it more then from the street into the driveway and wow, it's pretty fast! I can't believe this is the "slow" Tesla. Coming from a Volt I'm used to that instant power but living up to the specs, I would say the Model 3 SR+ feels twice as fast. It still gives you that smile from a stand still of "man, where is this power coming from" and then you glance over and you're at 50mph and climbing still. I'm sure it's nowhere near the crazy feel of a AWD or Performance, but if you're coming from a "normal non-sports car" or pretty much any other electric car you'll still be very happy with the "lowly" SR+ version of the Model 3!

Still have to get used to the turn signals though... maybe I'm not pushing hard enough? I can only seem to get the quick 3 blink before it turns off... I'm sure I look like an idiot on the road right now :)

(No pictures yet since sadly my Model 3 was loaded on the truck first and thus acted as the bug catcher for the other two cars being transported... I haven't had time to clean the front end yet, and in fact might just leave it like that and have the detail shop clean it in the next day or two when I can get it in for a PPF on the front)

Hmmm... your car carrier wasn't enclosed?

I had a Volt, and it was an enjoyable car, but it just can't compare to the Model 3. What has surprised me the most, having gone from reading/posting on the Volt forums to here, is the frequency of battery issues, "propulsion reduced" and "shift to park" errors for the 2nd Gen Volt. Of course, forums are a self-selecting slice of owners, where all the vehicles' problems are highlighted, so I just thought that was normal, but on these Model 3 forums, the number of bad motor and bad battery issues is far less, by what seems an order of magnitude less. The biggest Tesla complaints seem to be a drop in range, which may or may not be real, and paint issues.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sean Wagner
Finally took delivery

Congrats!

Still have to get used to the turn signals though... maybe I'm not pushing hard enough? I can only seem to get the quick 3 blink before it turns off... I'm sure I look like an idiot on the road right now :)

Light push and it gives you 3 blink. Push harder and you'll have your regular turn signal.

Congrats.

I have to laugh a bit, cuz if you think that's fast you definitely don't come from a background of quick/fast cars. 5.3 seconds is no slouch, but it's not fast by any means, but it's all relative.

Admittedly I've not owned "fast" cars. My last car was a Q50 (which I felt was fast) and before that was a 2015 Mustang Turbo 4 (which I also felt was fast) I have ridden in an Enzo back in the day and that was absolutely insane. - I think, at least for me, part of the reason it feels fast is because my sensory mechanisms are focused only on the feeling of acceleration, there's no loud booming engine to distract you, only the wind whipping across the car. As a daily driver, I think it's A LOT of fun to drive and the instant torque is amazing. I love it, but I know I would love the AWD more.

Congrats.

I have to laugh a bit, cuz if you think that's fast you definitely don't come from a background of quick/fast cars. 5.3 seconds is no slouch, but it's not fast by any means, but it's all relative.
yes but the big difference being access to torque you don't normally get in "quick/fast" cars. i drove an STi for 12 years. stock it's rated at 4.9s 0-60. it always felt like a chore to make that thing go fast between engaging the clutch without bogging down the motor/AWD and shifting between gears.

the SR+ has kept me happy in terms of responsiveness. i'd probably have wrecked a performance model by now.

The transport wasn’t covered (3rd party company that Tesla hired). They were really nice guys an apologized for all the bugs and everything on it. I’m just glad no chips to the paint or anything and that the tie downs were done correctly. Apparently they have started in Spokane and gone to Seattle to pick up my Model 3 and a black Model S (getting delivered to Kennewick, city right next to me) and then some random van, lol. My Model 3 was ready and all detailed when they got there, they had to wait over an hour for the S though which is probably why they were so late to my delivery.

Happy to get the car safe and sound. Neighbor came out with his kid to watch what was going on and I’m sure he’ll come chat tonight about the car and the fact that it was delivered to my door, lol.

I’ll let the detail shop clean up the front end and apply the PPF.

Any recommendations for a good foam cannon and soap that REALLY foams and clings well to the car? (And also not super expensive:p)

Also, is 303 the best product for protecting those white seats from dye transfer and stuff, or is there some sealer or ceramic that’s good for white leather?

I wish the turn signal would turn off by itself once you make a lane change. I often have to manually turn it off.
but this is true of ICE cars too. if you lock the turn signal in place, you have to move it from position. i think it feels counter-intuitive because you have to essentially push the signal to the "other direction" in order to unlock it, whereas traditionally you would just push a little and it will pop out.

when i test drove my first M3 it was my biggest complaint about the car. since buying one, i've come to terms with it. now my major gripe is that the "3 flash signal" should happen any time that you press or hold the signal and it clicks three times or less. most cars that have this already do this.

The transport wasn’t covered (3rd party company that Tesla hired). They were really nice guys an apologized for all the bugs and everything on it. I’m just glad no chips to the paint or anything and that the tie downs were done correctly. Apparently they have started in Spokane and gone to Seattle to pick up my Model 3 and a black Model S (getting delivered to Kennewick, city right next to me) and then some random van, lol. My Model 3 was ready and all detailed when they got there, they had to wait over an hour for the S though which is probably why they were so late to my delivery.

Happy to get the car safe and sound. Neighbor came out with his kid to watch what was going on and I’m sure he’ll come chat tonight about the car and the fact that it was delivered to my door, lol.

Any recommendations for a good foam cannon and soap that REALLY foams and clings well to the car? (And also not super expensive:p)

Also, is 303 the best product for protecting those white seats from dye transfer and stuff, or is there some sealer or ceramic that’s good for white leather?

I don't have white - but I applied Hydrosilex on my seats and its worked really well. I also applied to my exterior and glass, it works really well.

Best foam is Adams mega foam
Best foam cannon is MtM pf22 with a 1.1 orifice.
I coated my white seats with gyeon q2 leathercoat. Works on the vegan leather and 2 months in the seats look new.

Reactions: Ultron
Model 3 SR+ also (Red) ... I came up on a brand new Model 3, he had the “Model 3” badge on the lower left side so I thought it was a Model S as we don’t have badges. Anyways I got him at the light and smoked him. I have it on video but I can’t get the Sentry Keeper video software to work. I also have a 16 Volt.

Fred

Agree totally. The speed of my SR+ has totally blown my friends/family away. I'd love to try the AWD or AWD Performance. My 8 mile round-trip commute and negative equity in my trade-in dictated I go with SR+. Glad you're loving the car.

Don't do it! I have the AWD and refuse to drive the P because I know it'll make my AWD feel "slow."

but this is true of ICE cars too. if you lock the turn signal in place, you have to move it from position. i think it feels counter-intuitive because you have to essentially push the signal to the "other direction" in order to unlock it, whereas traditionally you would just push a little and it will pop out.

when i test drove my first M3 it was my biggest complaint about the car. since buying one, i've come to terms with it. now my major gripe is that the "3 flash signal" should happen any time that you press or hold the signal and it clicks three times or less. most cars that have this already do this.
I can't recall the last I drove where you have to manually turn off the blinkers after a lane change.

Model 3 SR+ also (Red) ... I came up on a brand new Model 3, he had the “Model 3” badge on the lower left side so I thought it was a Model S as we don’t have badges. Anyways I got him at the light and smoked him. I have it on video but I can’t get the Sentry Keeper video software to work. I also have a 16 Volt.

Fred
You raced another Model 3?

I"d like to see a Tesla Model 3BR*
Chill Mode is the only driving mode.
0-60 in 7.6s.
16" or 17" wheels.
Regular profile tires.

I'm sure that an SR would seem fast.

Some of us would just like an efficient long-range BEV with good fast charging capability and an associated fast-charging network from a volume seller** of EVs.

* BoRing
** That isn't part of the Volkswagen group