Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Spotted Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you explored public charging in the Borders yet? I drive up there regularly (Hawick specifically) to visit family and charging at home is unlikely to be an option as their parking is some distance from the house and I’ve read that using extension cables can be problematic. I can perhaps “fill up” at the Gretna supercharger before driving across but wondered if there were any other public charging options close by.
There’s a rapid charger in Hawick you could use, it seems...

Teviotdale Leisure Centre
Mansfield Road, Hawick TD9 8AG

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
Google Maps

Have you explored public charging in the Borders yet? I drive up there regularly (Hawick specifically) to visit family and charging at home is unlikely to be an option as their parking is some distance from the house and I’ve read that using extension cables can be problematic. I can perhaps “fill up” at the Gretna supercharger before driving across but wondered if there were any other public charging options close by.
You’re best to have a look on Zap Map or PlugShare if you want to find third-party chargers. We did a trip up to Skye in June in the Kona without any worries.

Have you explored public charging in the Borders yet?

My nearest CCS 50kW will be Selkirk. I don't have the car until next week but anytime I've looked at that charger it has been available and the Chargeplacescotland site reports no problems ... we'll see. I may be using it from time to time as I'm on a long wait for a Zappi charger so I will be on 3 pin plug or Commando until that arrives. I think Chargeplacescotland chargers are still free in the Borders but I know they've started applying charges in Dumfries and Galloway so that may change. ChargePlace Scotland | Scotland's Public EV Charging Network

Reactions: interbear
Just spotted my first M3 in the wild in white on the A47. The driver’s face was beaming with joy. I’m guessing it was from the driving experience. But oh my ... his face ! Happy days!
I’m not sure if he saw me, but I did a small honk.

I must say, they do look nice on the road.

I saw a black M3 in Leicester today (8.30am - Elms Road). It was my daughter who said "it looks like our car". I had a quick glance (in my mirror) and saw them just sitting at a junction with no traffic around. They probably had the same reaction!

Apologies to that driver of the black M3. I totally missed you and i was rude not to wave :D

Reactions: Roy W.
Saw my first M3 on the road yesterday afternoon driving through a village called Blankney in Lincolnshire. It was going in the opposite direction so only clocked the colour- blue.
Waiting patiently but the wait is killing me, especially now that I have seen one on the road

Reactions: Roy W.
spotted in Lisbon airport :D

NkVqx5h.jpg

Reactions: anon37485