Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"The thing about [Tesla's] Ludicrous mode is that it's a façade"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently, that's what an anonymous(?) Porsche engineer claims when talking about their Mission-e: Porsche Engineer Reportedly Calls Tesla's Ludicrous Mode a "Facade"

I do not have a P90D/L (I have a 70) so I cannot say much in the defense of Tesla.

However, I would definitely trust a Volkswagen engineer to know a thing or two about building facades / "e-Mission" scandals. ;-)

PS: I've owned Porsches for more than a decade and the Model S is the best car I've driven/owned. :)

"Two launches saps the whole battery. That won't be the case with the Mission E. You'll be able to run it hard, over and over; the battery will not overheat, the power control module will not overheat, and the seats will not suck."
o_O

Honestly, what are these people thinking? They're still struggling to literally replicate the performance of a ~5 year old vehicle design, not to mention that it will probably cost double that of a comparable MS; and they have the nerve to say stuff like that?

Two different mindsets:

Tesla: "let's see what electric and digital technology can do to transform four-wheeled personal transportation"

Porsche: "let's see what electric and digital technology can add to the tried and tested Porsche formula"

Porsche have to maintain "motoring heritage" as well as cars. Too much baggage. The marque becomes a millstone.

Reactions: beantobe
A full 1/4 mile drag run where the car launches in Ludicrous Mode with Max Power engaged and reaches around 120 mph, with the return run and wait time for the next launch (keeping Max Power engaged), takes 2.5%. So that would be 40 of those on a single charge. If it is just launches up to say 60 mph then you could do loads more...

i'm surprised it's even that much. i haven't noticed any additional battery drainage since upgrading my P85D to Ludicrous, and i stand on the pedal quite a bit at all speeds.

honestly the air conditioner uses far more battery power.