Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. CT + an external manifold is a very good setup. You can mount the manifold outside of the frunk area allowing you to easily remove the tank/frunk while still being able to drive around at one height. A CVT setup with Accuair's new management will be cleanest option, but you would need to install some valves to be able to drive without the tank.

If you're going to use just a CT, then I would suggest using Airlifts 3H/3P system. Less complex setup than using Accuair's VU4/VX4 manifold + e-level management, since Airlift has the manifold and management build into one piece. Although the VX4's ability to adjust lower/raising speed is extremely nice. This allows your car's front and rear to air up/down evenly.(CVT also has this feature.)

Where are you guys getting your switched 12v source from? I was using the "vcleft" plug under the drivers side footwell, but running my 3P and the remote wire to my CT on the same wire with the spade connector to the center terminal, but this morning my 3P module came on for about 15 seconds and then turned off, same with the CT, it ran for a few seconds but turned off when the touchpad turned off. Closing and reopening the door made the touch pad turn on but this time for about 5 seconds and now its not coming on at all.

Any insight?

Highly considering going air on my m3p. Just had a few quick questions.

1. Any consensus between uas and air demand as far as ride quality and build quality? Price is less of a concern than quality.

2. Is there a big advantage to having height sensors? Ie 3h over 3p for management?

Highly considering going air on my m3p. Just had a few quick questions.

1. Any consensus between uas and air demand as far as ride quality and build quality? Price is less of a concern than quality.

2. Is there a big advantage to having height sensors? Ie 3h over 3p for management?

I don't think anyone has done a comparison of the two systems.

Height sensors while ensure your car remains the same height. Which means your alignment stays in spec. This is mostly important if you carry a lot of stuff in your car, or have a lot of passengers. If you drive by yourself with no cargo most of the time, then a pressure based system will be fine.

Just saw that this morning, so sad :( I hope the people who have orders with them are able to get their money back.
I'd imagine they'll need to do charge backs. It sounded like people with rma's will have to deal with bankruptcy court etc.

What a mess.... Too bad you guys don't have any comfort coilovers in stock or I'd just abandon air for those

Just not worth the gamble, in my eyes. Any issues with it and it's effectively a paperweight. No warranty, no parts to repair it, etc.

Sadly no other company is making a tank/compressor combo like the Endo series. Hopefully someone buys the rights/patent to it and keeps it going. Once you hear how quiet the compressor is inside the tank, it's impossible to go back to an external setup.

Reactions: New_Old_Stock
I believe WABCO will or does have the rights since it’s their compressor used inside the tanks. Honestly though how many people have had failed tanks in the last year or 2 now? I got a black Endo-CT tank coming next week.
Anyone have any pictures on the ignition wire location of their tie in for their management?

Soon to be new addition since I’m RWD I will be putting her where the front motor would be, fully hidden setup.
8F3961E3-EA9A-4727-BE8B-671772838AF9.jpeg

Reactions: DNAPoPo
I'm running the 3p system in my car but I can see the remote in the car is still on despite it being parked and locked. Do you guys have it to where it turns off when your car locks? Should I be worried about it killing my battery?

After much reading and mostly lurking here, I finally decided to take the plunge. I placed an order for Air Suspension last night. Air Demand Stuts/Springs and an Airlift 3p, 4gal tank, dual 444c compressors. It has been 2 years since I had a car with air sus.Thanks for all the informative posts on this page.