Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics or it never happened!
I'll be sure to post some pics once the parts come in. And maybe install process, planning on self install, might take a few months I'm pretty slow when working on personal projects. Install should be easy but making it look nice will be a challenge.

Here's a pic of my last car on air. Unfortunately I test drove a Model 3 Performance 3 months after I had the air suspension installed so I didn't even have a chance to enjoy it before I uninstalled the kit and sold the car.
42701092275_505009c62c_o.jpg

Sweet, you pretty close to me, Irvine here.
Yea I think you were the first model 3 on air. I think I saw your car at 714tire before.

I’m an inch lower, but can adjust the fixed strut higher. I find my sweet spot pressure to be around 60 psi living in NY we have crappier roads so the height is important to me. I’m about 1 finger lower than stock on my level 2 setting. Max pressure around 80 psi put me at stock height. It just depends on how you tune it
Hi,did you notice a significant change on the ride comforts compare to the originals? Live in Quebec much crappier road then N.Y. lol ,,thanks

FYI for those looking at airtekk for awd. They have been redesigned and appears all install issues have been resolved.

Thibbi, I'll send you pics as I go with the subfloor install. I'm running the lines to the front in the car. Rear lines might just go through the grommets is there already.

Reactions: Thibbi
Pics or it never happened!

Installed my bags 2 weeks ago. Ended up pulling them out to warranty / service a failed rear drive inverter a week later. Took the chance and converted the bag fittings to DOT PTC fittings. Also picked up some UP Sway Bars. Putting everything back in this weekend.

Installed a lot of stuff this round
AirLift 3P, AirDemand Struts Bags, Viair Compressor, Seamless Tank, An Fittings and hardlines, MPP font upper camber arms, MPP lower bushing, Extended Studs.
100% DIY in my garage.

93A365C8-44F4-4F78-900C-3A6CDFDFE6FF.jpg

P1000553.JPG P1000534.JPG IMG_2504.jpg IMG_2502.jpg IMG_2498.jpg IMG_2501.jpg IMG_2500.jpg IMG_2575.jpg IMG_2600.jpg

FYI for those looking at airtekk for awd. They have been redesigned and appears all install issues have been resolved.

Thibbi, I'll send you pics as I go with the subfloor install. I'm running the lines to the front in the car. Rear lines might just go through the grommets is there already.

Hey, I am already finished my install with air demand and sub trunk setup! There are 4 grommets underneath. @thibztesla

Reactions: Toyotabb
Installed my bags 2 weeks ago. Ended up pulling them out to warranty / service a failed rear drive inverter a week later. Took the chance and converted the bag fittings to DOT PTC fittings. Also picked up some UP Sway Bars. Putting everything back in this weekend.

Installed a lot of stuff this round
AirLift 3P, AirDemand Struts Bags, Viair Compressor, Seamless Tank, An Fittings and hardlines, MPP font upper camber arms, MPP lower bushing, Extended Studs.
100% DIY in my garage.

View attachment 586714

View attachment 586715 View attachment 586723 View attachment 586716 View attachment 586717 View attachment 586718 View attachment 586719 View attachment 586728 View attachment 586726 View attachment 586727

too bad Accuair went out of business, they had a better air suspension setup , self contained.

too bad Accuair went out of business, they had a better air suspension setup , self contained.

not 100% on this. I’ve had an endo tank with compressor and 4 valves before on a different car. And compressor failed warrantied the compressor and sold it. There are quite a few cases of failed endo compressors also. But airlift is not without its quirks and plethora of software issues.

How long did the whole air setup take you to do?
Couple hours here and there, I really took my time with wiring, routing, layout and hardlines. I also scraped a couple of frunk layouts using a false floor. My tap to the factory harness under the center console looks OEM. I also added the usb port to the center cubbie. Also all my wires are shortened appropriately. Above what most shop will and can do. I'd say about 30 hours of labor total. The bag install was the easy part. I think I uninstalled the bags, lines, wires, and everything else in 4 hours. I estimate a normal install to take 5-6 hours if you've done it before and dont care about tidyness. I'll find out this weekend as I got my car back today. So everything is going back in.

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

Reactions: Thibbi