Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theater mode not available since V11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Tried to access theater mode for the first time since V11 while parked tonight.

None of the options are responsive to clicks, e.g. YouTube, Netflix etc. The message at the top of the screen says "Available when Parked" (see image below) even though the car was clearly in park as indicated on screen.

I tried rebooting and also drove around the block and went back into park, but still no joy.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?
Thanks! My kids were going nuts :D View attachment 751636
Im experiencing something similar except that the apps do not appear

Reactions: Arpadge
Make sure you have premium connectivity enabled or Wi-Fi enabled and are connecting to your hotspot. Mine did the same after my premium connectivity expired but fixed it by connecting to WI-FI/phone hotspot.

If you have no icons under theater try naming your car “Patsy” under the software tab. The Monty Python foot should drop and you should get your theater icons back. After you can rename your car back to what it was.
Make sure you have premium connectivity enabled or Wi-Fi enabled and are connecting to your hotspot. Mine did the same after my premium connectivity expired but fixed it by connecting to WI-FI/phone hotspot.

mine is still like this wtf man
image.jpg

OK i have to confess, I think this related to premium connectivity. So the service rep asked me to re download the firmware, which I did…but the message was still popping up. I noticed YouTube worked for a few seconds after the reset, and then stopped again (basically it connected to my WiFi). My premium connectivity ran out just after the holiday update. Once I made a mobile hot spot with my phone; it was all working again. I would suggest everyone try to connect to their home WiFi or a hot spot if they don’t have premium connectivity (or check if your subscription hasn’t elapsed). I think Tesla should change the message to “WiFi or premium connectivity required” to avoid confusion.
Agreed - was seeing the same thing. Reboot, etc tried. Attached to my phone as a hotspot and the icons immediately started working.

OK i have to confess, I think this related to premium connectivity. So the service rep asked me to re download the firmware, which I did…but the message was still popping up. I noticed YouTube worked for a few seconds after the reset, and then stopped again (basically it connected to my WiFi). My premium connectivity ran out just after the holiday update. Once I made a mobile hot spot with my phone; it was all working again. I would suggest everyone try to connect to their home WiFi or a hot spot if they don’t have premium connectivity (or check if your subscription hasn’t elapsed). I think Tesla should change the message to “WiFi or premium connectivity required” to avoid confusion.
Agreed - was seeing the same thing. Reboot, etc tried. Attached to my phone as a hotspot and the icons immediately started working.

This happened to me and I remember fixing it after a prior software update. I discovered from another user that changing the display language to eg Spanish does the trick. Then, change it back to English and it should be good to go.

Hi,

None of the options are responsive to clicks, e.g. YouTube, Netflix etc. The message at the top of the screen says "Available when Parked" (see image below) even though the car was clearly in park as indicated on screen.

I tried rebooting and also drove around the block and went back into park, but still no joy.

Hi,

Hey so I found out that u need to be connected to wifi for this and then it will work. So either connect to a wifi or just connect to ur hotspot and then it will be fixed.