Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

these cheap tires worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Splash $100K on the car, skimp $500 on the tyres

All very well until it goes wrong

Okay this is for AS2 but it is purportedly a higher spec tyre than the AS1 in the Nangkang range:
2018 AMS Summer UHP Tyre Test - Tyre Reviews

If these were on a car I purchased I would throw them in the bin. Immediately.

Here's another review of their top UHP summer tyre

7th: Nankang NS2
Positive: Low rolling resistance.
Negative: Dangerously long braking distance in the wet, wet understeer, reduced steering precision, loud and uncomfortable

Cheap for a reason. No place on a 2+ton $110K EV Not worth risking your and other peoples lives.

10K? Are you driving in low all the time and wearing out the inside edge because of negative camber? Because that will happen with excessive low use with any tire. I have my suspension set to go low at 75+, I have about 6k miles on my OEMs and they look brand new.

That being said, my main concern with tires is how well they grip and stop. How long they last is far less a concern if they do the first two things well.
I don’t think the suspension height has anything to do with camber. But I could be wrong.
But I don’t think I am.

I have 7k on my Falken 510s (21" Arachnids) : great handling and wearing well. Not cheap, just less expensive.
I tried the Falken's. They were horrible unbless I'm driving like a granny. The sidewall must be weak relative to the Michelins because they just fly all over the raod on quick acceleration and fast cornering. So dangerous I sent them back to TireRack for the Michelin's,