Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thieves steal high-voltage Tesla Supercharger cables from Montrose(Houston) charging station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly I fear some disgruntled former employees are considering similar acts as retribution. I hope not, but folks do stupid things when angry.
As quickly as these vandals were caught, that would be a poor decision.
Just take your severance and skill to the next job. Anyone who has Tesla on their resume, and can't find another job has no one to blame but themselves.

Reactions: SO16 and DblOSmith
As quickly as these vandals were caught, that would be a poor decision.
Just take your severance and skill to the next job. Anyone who has Tesla on their resume, and can't find another job has no one to blame but themselves.
That’s a bit harsh isn’t it? What if they don’t live near the next job opportunity? What if it’s a single mother working part time in HR? I feel really bad for those who were fired, some of which may be on this forum and may be struggling.

That’s a bit harsh isn’t it? What if they don’t live near the next job opportunity? What if it’s a single mother working part time in HR? I feel really bad for those who were fired, some of which may be on this forum and may be struggling.
Did Elon fire HR? I don't have details, but it sounded like it was just the Supercharger team that was fired.
You're trying to create a worst-case scenario to make a point.

Do you think that entire SC team all came from that area? I'd say a good portion of them relocated to work for Tesla. So, they are familiar with doing that. Sucks they might have to again for another job, but let's not act like it's uprooting a bunch of established families.
But also, a lot of suppliers tend to put facilities near their OEM customer, so there are probably some opportunities for employment nearby with companies that supply to Tesla who would jump at the chance to hire someone with inside experience.

Either way, having options is good. I personally don't approve of his method in this case, but I don't feel sorry for those folks. They're talented, they've been compensated, and they will easily land on their feet somewhere.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
Did Elon fire HR? I don't have details, but it sounded like it was just the Supercharger team that was fired.
You're trying to create a worst-case scenario to make a point.

Do you think that entire SC team all came from that area? I'd say a good portion of them relocated to work for Tesla. So, they are familiar with doing that. Sucks they might have to again for another job, but let's not act like it's uprooting a bunch of established families.
But also, a lot of suppliers tend to put facilities near their OEM customer, so there are probably some opportunities for employment nearby with companies that supply to Tesla who would jump at the chance to hire someone with inside experience.

Either way, having options is good. I personally don't approve of his method in this case, but I don't feel sorry for those folks. They're talented, they've been compensated, and they will easily land on their feet somewhere.
The SC team would not have been entirely engineers. I hope you're right but saying that there's something wrong with someone if they can't get another (assuming equivalent) job in a suitable locale is showing an extreme lack of understanding of what they are going through.

• Love
Reactions: Rocky_H
The SC team would not have been entirely engineers. I hope you're right but saying that there's something wrong with someone if they can't get another (assuming equivalent) job in a suitable locale is showing an extreme lack of understanding of what they are going through.
From someone who was laid off in March 2020 due to COVID cuts at my company, and unable to relocate, couldn't find another equivalent job for 12 months, I think I'm more than qualified to understand what they're going through.

I never said they were all engineers. You posed an example using a PT HR person, which has nothing to do with the SC team.

From someone who was laid off in March 2020 due to COVID cuts at my company, and unable to relocate, couldn't find another equivalent job for 12 months, I think I'm more than qualified to understand what they're going through.

I never said they were all engineers. You posed an example using a PT HR person, which has nothing to do with the SC team.
Ok, I'm going to stop arguing with you. The internet isn't conducive to it.

If they just cut the cords and rolled coal out of there leaving them on the floor, I'd say that. but they took them. Way more likely to be crackheads selling the copper for scrap.

oh definitely.

that's been a problem in this area for a long time. first it was AC units at homes and businesses...then the cat convertors off trucks and now charging cords.

Reactions: Skavatar
oh definitely.

that's been a problem in this area for a long time. first it was AC units at homes and businesses...then the cat convertors off trucks and now charging cords.
For sure. I'm from Houston. My parents are made fun of by others for driving Teslas by the same people who have had multiple cat converters stolen off their cars. Frankly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened much sooner.

We need more prosecution and less who Elon is firing.

messages_0 (3).gif

Reactions: SO16 and DblOSmith
Has the site been repaired yet given all the drama surrounding the status of the "SuperCharger Team"?

The last update on PlugShare was back on May 5th when someone reported 18 of the 19 stalls had been vandalized.

Last edited:
Has the site been repaired yet given all the drama surrounding the status of the "SuperCharger Team"?

The last update on PlugShare was back on May 5th when someone reported 18 of the 19 stalls had been vandalized.
I'm wondering if they even will until the crims are caught.