Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things 17.3.2 fixed in my S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
Has anyone else noticed things 17.3.2 fixed? Not new features but stuff from before that's now better.

In my S:

1) The exterior rear view mirrors, especially the one on the driver side, would not deploy completely.

After 17.3.2 they both now work fine.

2) Would not connect reliably to even strong wifi signals and once finally connected would not stay connected very long.

After 17.3.2 it's connecting even to the less-than-strong wifi signal in my garage as soon as I pull in and stays connected.

3) LTE rarely showed more than 3 bars, even in the city.

After 17.3.2 doing better even in my garage.

Funny you should mention #1. My driver side mirror was having that issue and SC replaced the whole unit. When I spoke with the shop foreman later, he noted that there was a change in the software/firmware that made those mirrors a bit more sensitive/less powerful and that it probably didn't need a replacement (and that it just needed to be corrected with an OTA update). I think your experience confirms this.

Funny you should mention #1. My driver side mirror was having that issue and SC replaced the whole unit. When I spoke with the shop foreman later, he noted that there was a change in the software/firmware that made those mirrors a bit more sensitive/less powerful and that it probably didn't need a replacement (and that it just needed to be corrected with an OTA update). I think your experience confirms this.

I stopped by the service center last week and they suggested waiting until after the update to have any work done. He, like your guy, figured it was a software issue. Looks like they were both right.

BTW, to temporarily fix it he grabbed the mirror and physically pushed it back. It made a very audible "snap" sound but he said not to worry. It stayed that way until the update when, as I said before, it started working fine.

@Gur814 said his mirror was permanently stuck UNFOLDED. So it sounds like it is already in the functioning position.

This is correct... Although I unintentionally did what the service center did to Patrick's mirror. When I first got the car it would fold most of the way and only require a small push to get it to fully deploy. One day it made the loud snap though and hasn't been able to fold since. Thankfully it's in the deployed position so all is good until I can take it in or undo what I did and see if this software fixes it. I'll try tomorrow morning.

The software update improved my mirros a lot. But they still get stuck about 20% of the time. Before the update, they got stuck100% of the time. I think tthe update increased the resistance needed to stop the mirrors. But in my case, that setting is still too low.

17.3.2 did not fix the mirror on our 2017 Model S :(. It still doesn't unfold, or fold completely, nor does it auto-tilt or save/restore position when changing driver profiles. It also sometimes just goes "limp" and partially folds in the wind while driving (we have auto-fold disabled so it's not because it didn't unfold correctly).

17.3.2 did not fix the mirror on our 2017 Model S :(. It still doesn't unfold, or fold completely, nor does it auto-tilt or save/restore position when changing driver profiles. It also sometimes just goes "limp" and partially folds in the wind while driving (we have auto-fold disabled so it's not because it didn't unfold correctly).

Yikes. That sounds way worse than most issues. Even when mine weren't unfolding properly, they still tilted just fine. I have had the limp issue though.... that sounded better in my head.

I have the issue with #1 still on 22, and there is a thread about it

I have the issue with my passenger side mirror, which is more annoying because I can't roll down my window to fix it unless I slide over. I'll have to see if the update fixes that. I also have a strange Bluetooth issue, I can't play my podcasts or music off of my cell until I first initiate or receive a call, then when the call hangs up I can hear the audio. Hope the update can fix that as well. I also can't get the garage door to open/close at the spot I set them up at and I'm not sure how to solve that. When I have time I'll try to delete the garage door profile and start it again. I am super excited about EAP software and trying that out with extreme caution. How many car lengths are you set to for TACC? It feels like even 1 car length is too much when in slow in road traffic. Haven't had a chance to test it on the Highway yet.

NOTE: I tried several hard resets of the Infotainment and HUD to try to resolve it without luck.