Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things that could be improved on your 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traffic light recognition. Following the car in front on AP is not good if they decide to jump the red light....and the car follows....we know it's in the software, needs to be enabled in regular AP.

(And yes, i know we've all got our hands on the wheel and feet on the pedals - but I'd like to avoid that 'moment' when the car decides to take off through a red light and I have to intervene).

Reactions: pow216
I do not se why they cannot give a Range of miles left as they do AND % both together on the main screen.

I would like to se a Watt metre, like a rev counter to see how much battery you are using live, there is plenty of space for that too.

You can have your trip meter up onscreen which gives a running account of your Watts/mile for that particular journey.

I must say I prefer not to even think of the main consumption in in terms of predicted miles left so am happy with percentage but I suppose, as you suggest, there's no reason why it couldn't display them simultaneously.

I would like to see the phone app be able to control more such as the rate of charge. I'm often charging off the PV and need to vary the rate of charge through the day.
e.g. 6am 5a, 7am 6a, 8am 10a, 9am -2pm 13a, and so on, each time having to go out to the car to vary the rate.
It would be so great to be able to adjust from the phone.

Reactions: pow216
Mine are mainly software related

1. T9 dialer contact lookup - takes ages to scroll to contacts cos voice control for contacts is naff. The letters are on the dialler! wtf
2. Be able to chage driver profile from app
3. Enable wind screen wiper maint mode from app
4. To display both distance and % battery (I mean if you select distance display, damn sat nav shows in % anyway?! - theres room for both!
5. Veritical keyboard option to swipe out from driver side position <-- experimental lol, but potentially much more accessible when driving
6. Auto Sport Driving mode when exceeding speed threshold <- allows comfort on side roads, reversing but on motorways, give me sport
7. Phone Icon in the main taskbar, not in some sub menu, and change the icon from the 70s logo
8. Allow contact name search in sat nav when contact has address stored
9. Fold mirror option as fourth main button in drive, perhaps one to fold, again to fold in this location, again to remove folding and stored location if the mirrors are then folded.
10. Joe mode out, adjustable volume for chimes. Joe mode still too loud for me
11. Drag timer
12. In the lane preview pane (whatever its called where you see surrounding traffic) Sat nav arrow in driving lane which will show which lane you should be in, or just show straight through current lane, and eventually show the turn when nearing the turn - so in case someone (WIFFFFFEEEEEE) expands music to full screen as you're driving without audio aid
13. profiles for passenger seat, for when i want to swap my wife for my scrub
14 allow use of the console when charging when no driver is in the seat (or able to enable it via app if need be), i found myself wanting to use the passenger seat as the arm rest is a great place for a mouse when i wanted to use my laptop for an hour to be creative while charging. had to leave the passenger door unlocked slightly to do this, i cant keep nice and locked up.

I mean dont get me wrong i love it - but a lot of the above is easily achieveable with an update or two

Option to switch off auto door lock when driving. I pick my wife up at lunch in centre of town so it can be quite busy with nowhere to park so she just hops in when I stop at the junction next to her work and I keep keep forgetting to unlock the door since I had auto lock switched off in my last car. I believe pushing park twice unlocks the door but doing this and going back into drive seems a bit of a faff while there are cars waiting behind you.

Option to switch off auto door lock when driving. I pick my wife up at lunch in centre of town so it can be quite busy with nowhere to park so she just hops in when I stop at the junction next to her work and I keep keep forgetting to unlock the door since I had auto lock switched off in my last car. I believe pushing park twice unlocks the door but doing this and going back into drive seems a bit of a faff while there are cars waiting behind you.
You should just be able to hit the padlock symbol at the top right of the map and unlock them while still in drive. The car will beep like mad once the doors open though.

14 allow use of the console when charging when no driver is in the seat (or able to enable it via app if need be), i found myself wanting to use the passenger seat as the arm rest is a great place for a mouse when i wanted to use my laptop for an hour to be creative while charging. had to leave the passenger door unlocked slightly to do this, i cant keep nice and locked up.

Have you checked out camp mode to see if that helps?