Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This must be the silliest reason to sell a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I bought my wife a16 MS 75 a couple months ago and she absolutely loves it but after a brief conversation with one of the hockey parents my wife comes home and refuses to drive the car. She tells me she doest want it and to get her any other car but a Tesla or EV for that matter. Puzzled I ask why. She tells me that this hockey parent was also looking to switch from a Maserati but after extensive research found that the Tesla causes testicular cancer as well as Leukemia. Now i know that it's a bunch crock but how do I calm her down and keep from making what I think is a mistake by trading the Tesla? I personally think its silly but even if there's a 1% chance of it being true I cant have her driving the car as my kids(and of course my wife) spend most of their car rides in it. What do I do and how can I make her feel safe in it? Anyone?

I’ve looked into that claim prior to purchasing the tesla and could not find any evidence for either side of it
You could be at a higher risk for cancer, or not.
The reason I chose the tesla is because an ICE cars emissions are proven to be cancer causing

There’s also the point of us already being bombarded with EMF radiation from cell phone towers, power lines. What’s one more thing?

Another thing to consider is the suns radiation is known to be harmful, but we aren’t constantly covering up. Just like we’re not constantly driving the car

I know this doesn’t answer your question, but there is no definitive answer.

Even if somehow true, I’d love to know how it’s worse than breathing gasoline fumes and ICE emissions which are legitimately known to cause cancer and other issues.

I spent a huge portion of my life in the construction business and was around trucks, heavy equipment, a multitude of petroleum products, etc.. on a daily basis. All I can say is the HEPA filter on my Model X is the most amazing thing ever. And when I’m driving down the road and some truck ahead of me belches out black diesel exhaust I get so much satisfaction in my car not having to take another breath of that nasty black *sugar*. I’ve breathed in too much of that in my lifetime already.

Do you have electricity in your house? Does she use the electric appliances?
Electricity is electricity. What is in the car is exactly the same as what is in your house.
The motors operate on AC which is what is in your walls.

Why do people believe as absolute truth what someone else tells them.

Tell her to get online and investigate for herself using reputable web sites.
That does not include any newspaper or magazine web site.

She tells me that this hockey parent was also looking to switch from a Maserati but after extensive research found that the Tesla causes testicular cancer as well as Leukemia

I am italian...with that said, never trust anything that a Maserati owner says. EVER!! ;)
also, have that Maserati Hockey parent share the "research", and PLEASE make sure it is from a well recognized medical journal (no, Facebook links DO NOT count!). it should be easy to have her see how completely non-sense that "fact" is.

ALTERNATIVE: you drive the Tesla, and get her a Corolla....that outha do it