Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This obsession has taken over my life. I may need to be booked into the looney house.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also guilty - but I just found a cure....I priced out a BMW with similar M3 features. I looked at tiny cars in Italy. What happened?- I got a reality check - do I want to pay a little more for Tesla quality than an comparable ICE..just for the EV status? Do I really want to trade in my SUV for a micro car? Can I tolerate the SC network gaps? Will the residual value of a used M3 be worse because of the upgrades?
And yet - I keep reading TMC in the middle of the night, ignoring all the other life events around me (wife eye roll).
Gad - I'm glad I'm not alone in this loony bin.

Reactions: linkster and Gilzo
There has only been one release date that had me out of my head and beside myself with anticipation, and that was Kingdom Hearts II back in 2005. In the weeks leading up to the day, I could barely contain myself, I hardly slept, and all I could think and talk about was the level of awesome I would soon be experincing. I have a feeling M3 is gonna be my next KH2 lol

Reactions: TrickyDimitri
I'd heard about the Model 3 announcement coming and was excited but not committed. It took me 4 days after the announcement to finally reserve a Model 3. Then the insanity began!
I kept reading stuff about Tesla and thinking about the 2 yr wait and finally made an appointment to test drive a Model X. Ended up in the Model S because it seems to make more sense. So took a test drive and it blew me away. Another 4 days and I ordered a Model S. So I'm waiting 6 weeks instead of a couple years and still can't stop thinking about it, obsessing about it, talking about it so much my partner and friends should tell me to shut up about it already.
I've never owned a new car in my life and never spent over 10K for a used car either. And I'm buying a new S. It's nuts.

I used to be on a band forum and switched to this one in 2012. It used to be a hobby, but like many, it's now an obsession. I've tried to include my wife on this journey, and she gets it a little, but it's mostly glazed eyes and "um-huhs". My 5 and half year old daughter is right there with me though! :) wheew....thank you goodness, another of her generation is on the right track.

Friends are finally getting it after 4 years of my constant posting of EV and Tesla articles on Facebook and talking to them. I can't wait to get them in my Model 3 and say:

bd6e5bca8a48ec45d755a56dee5bb016.jpg

Last edited:
I like this thread. I've been waiting for the Model 3 ever since Elon hinted at it a couple years ago. Can't believe there's still another 18+ months to go...

My daily routine:

- Cleantechnica and Electrek on the RSS feed

- Not on Twitter, but have a browser tab open with Elon's Twitter feed, waiting for a number in parenthesis to appear, i.e. (1). New post!!

- Listen to the Tesslaratti podcasts and the Model 3 Owner's Club YouTube videos as soon as they appear

- Check this site for new posts. Roughly every 5 minutes.

- Mark SpaceX launch attempts on my calendar. Watch livestream. (There's one coming up at 5:40PM EST today!!)

- Make a passing attempt to do some actual work. :(

- Before going to bed, check Google News against "Tesla" and "Model 3" keywords in case there's something I missed!

I like this thread. I've been waiting for the Model 3 ever since Elon hinted at it a couple years ago. Can't believe there's still another 18+ months to go...

My daily routine:

- Cleantechnica and Electrek on the RSS feed

- Not on Twitter, but have a browser tab open with Elon's Twitter feed, waiting for a number in parenthesis to appear, i.e. (1). New post!!

- Listen to the Tesslaratti podcasts and the Model 3 Owner's Club YouTube videos as soon as they appear

- Check this site for new posts. Roughly every 5 minutes.

- Mark SpaceX launch attempts on my calendar. Watch livestream. (There's one coming up at 5:40PM EST today!!)

- Make a passing attempt to do some actual work. :(

- Before going to bed, check Google News against "Tesla" and "Model 3" keywords in case there's something I missed!

This is almost exactly my routine as well. :D

Wife thinks I am nuts and now instructs me not to mention anything Tesla related until closer to the configuration date.

I hope SpaceX has a successful launch (and landing) again today!

I started my related obsession with the Mars Society and then SpaceX a few years ago. That got quite a few eye rolls from my wife, but since I wasn't in a position to really go on a mission the depth of my obsession stayed limited. Other than YouTube videos my Tesla knowledge was only moderate until a few months before the reveal. I had wanted to move to an EV an became convinced that this was my chance.

Since making my deposit I have become totally obsessed with Tesla, SpaceX and Green Tech in general. Have read a half dozen books and my internet routine resembles Alketi's. I just can't go to bed without checking Google and these forums one last time. Have spent hours watching lectures by Elon, JB and Gwynne Shotwell. I haven't felt this inspired/crazed in years! This has now generated maximum eye rolling so I am trying hard not to discuss any of these subjects with my wife. Thank god for these forums and crazies. Fly Falcon fly!

I can't stop thinking about it now, and I'm planning on building a carport next spring now.

We are building a shed in the backyard to clear out our 1 car garage to make room for our Model 3.

This will be my first (and maybe last) brand new car purchase, and it sure as hell isn't going to charge in the rain. :D

I've been following Tesla for a few years now; plotting and scheming any way I could think of to land a new MS. But the attention has certainly increased since I made my M3 reservation. Knowing the wait I'm in for, I am actively diverting my attention to other things until next year.

It didn't help that my father-in-law decided to pick up a MS. Now he cruises on over in the thing to the house on a regular basis to "see the grandkids." Yeah, I know better.

I've been struggling a bit with that too, mostly because the further I dive into what Elon Musk is tackling in SpaceX and Tesla, the more I realize it jives with my personal view of what we should be focusing on as a species.

I'm pretty sure my wife is tired of hearing about Tesla, Musk, and the Model ≡, so I try to not talk about it too much... I just come here, to our support group. I am worried though, I'm scheduled to test drive a Model S with her this Saturday... it might actually make things worse. By all reports it does. But it might also set her on the same path...

It didn't help that my father-in-law decided to pick up a MS. Now he cruises on over in the thing to the house on a regular basis to "see the grandkids." Yeah, I know better.

That's f*@$ing devious! And also, I'm kinda jealous.

We are building a shed in the backyard to clear out our 1 car garage to make room for our Model 3.

This will be my first (and maybe last) brand new car purchase, and it sure as hell isn't going to charge in the rain. :D
I'm less worried about it charging in the rain than I am of junk from the trees falling on it, though it would be slightly frustrating if I had to plug it in and there was a torrential summer downpour outside

Reactions: wilhelmspencer
I'm pretty sure my wife is tired of hearing about Tesla, Musk, and the Model ≡, so I try to not talk about it too much... I just come here, to our support group. I am worried though, I'm scheduled to test drive a Model S with her this Saturday... it might actually make things worse. By all reports it does. But it might also set her on the same path...

If she's a nervous passenger, or not big on driving fast, take it easy on the acceleration testing. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Genshi
I have been obsessed since I bought my P85D. I ended out buying 4G, then Ludicrous, I have Model 3 reserved for brazil and US. My spouse calls the Model S "my mistress". She's mostly supportive but when we are in Brazil and forced to drive our primitive, explosion-driven BMW I complain bitterly about the noise, the lack of responsiveness etc. I am very impatient to get a Tesla here in Brazil...

Whew! The loony bin has some company. My wife and kids are getting tired of the word Tesla and Elon and SpaceX and solar and Auto pilot and..................you get the gist :) I used to look at the Model S with envy but now at least I know a Tesla is in my future. This forum has been my support group and I will need a lot of support for the next 18 months or so. Just last week I turned in my wife's Lexus for another one and was reminded how a Tesla purchase will be so much easier. I was in the dealership for 4 1/2 HOURS! Back and forth on the deal until I got what I asked for from the beginning. Frustrating to no end! Then the salesman tried to get me to buy 2 cars. ("I got a deal for you" ) No thanks buddy my next car is a Tesla :) Tesla? Build and order online , shipped right to my door like an Amazon purchase. Oh, I need to get back to Google. May be some new news since I started typing :)