Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This place is dead as a doornail - are we all just waiting for Highland?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ucmndd

Mar 10, 2016
California
This forum section is a ghost town recently...

I've been contemplating a cheap commuter lately and watching inventory Model 3 RWDs... almost jumped at one or two in the $37k range but then think better of myself and remember that the only rational time to buy a Tesla is the end of a quarter. Supply does seem to be going down, although a bunch of LR AWDs just popped up with a bit of a discount...

Is everyone else on the fence with me waiting to see what comes next?

Hello All, have been using this site as a resource since I bought my Model 3 RWD at during this past Christmas (got what I thought at the time was an amazing deal). In June my wife totaled my car and have been on the fence on which model to buy and when. Given the price reduction I was considering getting a model Y, but was very happy w my M3 and w deals as of late have been too good to pass up.

To start I live in NJ and there is a $4k point of sail rebate of under $45k, $1.5k is over. the last few weeks there have been some amazing deals (assume bc of Project Highland) and I had been checking inventory constantly. As quick as the good deals popped up they would be gone in seconds. Found a few M3 dual motor just under $45 (so would get the $4k rebate), but never pulled the trigger. I wound up getting a Black M3 for $37k, $4,200 below MSRP. Then getting $500 referral, $4,000 NJ rebate and $7,500 federal tax credit. To me this was an amazing deal I couldn’t pass up.

I haven’t taken delivery yet and inventory in my area has dried up and so have the discounts. Was very happy w my M3 previously, so didn’t feel the need to have the latest and greatest. I too have been surprised that the amazing discounts haven’t really been discussed here (maybe i missed it)

Here’s the car I my wife totaled

Attachments

• IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    575 KB · Views: 367
I have an order pending. Estimated delivery of Aug 24-Sep 21. My lease return date is Sep 6 for my current M3.

I've been debating cancelling and extending my lease for the Highland. But, I think there are going to be downgrades with the new build. I'm ok with the current headlights/taillights and I want to keep the steering wheel stalks.

Reactions: ucmndd
If only tesla focused the new Model 3 on ride quality (air suspension be dreamy) and interior comfort (e.g. proper sound proofing). Could care less about the incremental tech updates and look at this time as the drivetrain and batteries, range/charge time is already great, and FSD remain a mirage.
I think that's what separates the 3 and S. If you want air suspension and a quieter cabin, you need to pay more.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
What do we know about the Highland? is the wait worth it? Tesla has been reducing their inventory pricing. I was planning on a Plaid myself about a year from now but I found a 2018 Model 3 long range RWD and just fell in love with how it drives. I think I'll keep this one for a while. I paid about as much through Tesla as if I were to get today's Model 3 RWD with tax credit but I surly love how it handles and the range is still clsoe to 300.

Reactions: GSP
Highland will move the M3 to the highest sales of a sedan replacing the Camry, moving the M3 #11 to #7
Above seven are SUV’s and trucks

Why?
The M3 is amazing
Refreshing the look will appeal to even more
Lowest range will be 299.9999 miles
relevant updates inside and out
Plus rhe superior vehicle Tesla ecosystem

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna and Darmie
If only tesla focused the new Model 3 on ride quality (air suspension be dreamy) and interior comfort (e.g. proper sound proofing). Could care less about the incremental tech updates and look at this time as the drivetrain and batteries, range/charge time is already great, and FSD remain a mirage.

You’re going in the wrong direction. Tesla wants to keep price as low as possible and simplify production to maintain healthy margins.

Reactions: GSP and father_of_6
Question: For the car my wife totaled, I received 10k free charging miles back in Dec. Are those mile linked to the car or my account? Still have 9k charging miles left and would like to use on my new car