Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This place is dead as a doornail - are we all just waiting for Highland?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1693182758873.png

GM

1693182863208.png
Tesla

1693183075308.png

Ford

America made leading the way
Protecting America

Attachments

• 1693182722793.png
    1693182722793.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
You can sorta short-cut that price by opting for Long Range, add acceleration boost being comparable in the performance numbers not being drastically different. (Accel boost is essentially free if you have referral credits.) I mean, unless someone really wants the larger 20” wheels, pedals/larger brakes, Track mode and ‘Carbon’ deck lid. Heck, there’s plenty of lightly used M3P sitting with no movement.

It’s a $3k difference between the LR and M3P when you add the boost.

The question is whether the 20”, BBK, Track Mode,Carbon lid, and Sport Pedals are worth the $3k……. I mean the wheels and tires alone are worth more than that.

But yeah the LR at $42k is a steal too

After my original RWD was totaled, had my heart set on a Y. I also couldn’t justify the price difference, which was ~$15k. Then started considering the LR 3 and that was $8k more. As others have said largely the same experience and hard to justify. Went w a RWD, $37k before rebates, $27.5k after rebates. It’s an amazing car at that price point.

A lot of people want the RWD, including myself. For the price right now, it’s a great additional car.
I still have my 2018 M3 LR RWD. Acceleration is great, better than many classic Corvettes we have owned. RWD plus sporty handling is fun to drive, you can get the tail to slide a little before the stability and traction control kick in. My AWD MY is quicker, but less fun.

RWD is also fine with snow and ice from our Midwest winters. I have Michelin Cross Climate2 "all weather" tires, which have more traction in snow and ice than the OEM "all season" tires. I prefer to take the RWD out in slippery weather, vs my AWD, due to the better tires.

GSP

Just want to clarify - doornails can't really be "dead" since they weren't living to begin with.

If I'm wrong about this, please let me know and I'll provide you with my referral link for $500 off your Tesla as a thank you for setting me straight.

(moderator note)

It seems fairly obvious to me that this is ment to be a firmly "tongue in cheek" joke but in the extremely unlikely chance its not, or for anyone following along, we dont allow referral code posts in the regular subforums here. I only mention it so people know we have seen this, and consider it a joke post.

I picked up a brand new Black M3 RWD from inventory on Friday, August 17 for my daughter, at the Miami Gardens Tesla store. Only decided to buy it two days earlier, and ordered it that day, picked it up on Friday. Looking back, I guess we were lucky; it was the exact version of the M3 we wanted.

Don't know how long these deals will be around, but I suspect not too long. As of this writing, no one seems to know what the new version will cost. Tesla is really pushing the M3 right now on their website home page.

I received my $500 Referral Bonus and a $2,090 "Price Adjustment" for total cost before sales tax and other non-Tesla fees of $40,790. Only option was the black paint. After the $7,500 tax credit, $33,290. I think this is an extraordinarily good deal in Florida as there are no state incentives like in NJ and a few other states.

Daughter definitely did not want to wait for the new version, wanted the stalks. Fine with the current tail lights, head lights, etc. Sound system is fine. But I have ordered some floor mats, for the RWD M3 does not come with them!

Car is very tight, handles great, perfect build, and perfect for my daughter. Plenty of acceleration for "normal people". No problem with the range. Charges to 100% so not that much less range than the longer range model which should only be regularly charged to 80%.

I love driving it too. If I did not need a bigger car (MX Plaid), and could handle it being lower to the ground than my MX, I would consider the M3 (probably a Performance for me); it is really fun to drive.

Son has a 2022 M3 Performance. Only non-Tesla holdout in the family is the wife she does not like EVs. Sad.

I guess we are Tesla fan boys. Also have 14.8 KW solar on the roof.

71407673890__3C1FFA86-5614-4208-9DE7-A5F1D139C4F2.JPG

I picked up a brand new Black M3 RWD from inventory on Friday, August 17 for my daughter, at the Miami Gardens Tesla store. Only decided to buy it two days earlier, and ordered it that day, picked it up on Friday. Looking back, I guess we were lucky; it was the exact version of the M3 we wanted.

Don't know how long these deals will be around, but I suspect not too long. As of this writing, no one seems to know what the new version will cost. Tesla is really pushing the M3 right now on their website home page.

I received my $500 Referral Bonus and a $2,090 "Price Adjustment" for total cost before sales tax and other non-Tesla fees of $40,790. Only option was the black paint. After the $7,500 tax credit, $33,290. I think this is an extraordinarily good deal in Florida as there are no state incentives like in NJ and a few other states.

Daughter definitely did not want to wait for the new version, wanted the stalks. Fine with the current tail lights, head lights, etc. Sound system is fine. But I have ordered some floor mats, for the RWD M3 does not come with them!

Car is very tight, handles great, perfect build, and perfect for my daughter. Plenty of acceleration for "normal people". No problem with the range. Charges to 100% so not that much less range than the longer range model which should only be regularly charged to 80%.

I love driving it too. If I did not need a bigger car (MX Plaid), and could handle it being lower to the ground than my MX, I would consider the M3 (probably a Performance for me); it is really fun to drive.

Son has a 2022 M3 Performance. Only non-Tesla holdout in the family is the wife she does not like EVs. Sad.

I guess we are Tesla fan boys. Also have 14.8 KW solar on the roof.

View attachment 968903
I pin protect the speed
M3 in std and MYP in sport, way too fast for children

Reactions: Eric33432
A lot of people want the RWD
I could make the counter argument ‘A lot people don’t want the RWD version’ too. Like I said, it depends on your geographic location if the rear wheel driving application is specific to your climate. For others, long range might be pricier, but more justifiable if they want it for various road conditions, and the extra power. I understand if people want to save money, and they’re not interested in the additional power/AWD, but there’s a reason why our RWDs don’t sell here. Literally, they’re sitting on lots, no one wants them and they’re sent to Manheim auction for a reason.

In that, same respect, I found the RWD to be ‘slow’ to my expectations. (In fairness, I’ve also owned a lot of fast cars over the years, so naturally the RWD is no where near ‘fast’ from what I was used too). When I found the L.R., it solidified the purchase for me with the added power, plus the option of acceleration boost, which the RWD does not offer.

Now, if the RWD offered ‘acceleration boost’, that would be more tempting, but it would also conflict into the L.R. sales margins.

Last edited:
It’s all mutually related. And that was the point countering what that member said in relation to the ‘plenty’.

Had. You must’ve gotten bored of it. Try the L.R.
I actually wanted a smaller car. With no sign of the ‘Model 2’ I moved on. I certainly did not find the RWD boring.
The LR is unessesary, the shorter range works just fine and the AWD is nice, but not worth the $.

I could make the counter argument ‘A lot people don’t want the RWD version’ too. Like I said, it depends on your geographic location if the rear wheel driving application is specific to your climate. For others, long range might be pricier, but more justifiable if they want it for various road conditions, and the extra power. I understand if people want to save money, and they’re not interested in the additional power/AWD, but there’s a reason why our RWDs don’t sell here. Literally, they’re sitting on lots, no one wants them and they’re sent to Manheim auction for a reason.

In that, same respect, I found the RWD to be ‘slow’ to my expectations. (In fairness, I’ve also owned a lot of fast cars over the years, so naturally the RWD is no where near ‘fast’ from what I was used too). When I found the L.R., it solidified the purchase for me with the added power, plus the option of acceleration boost, which the RWD does not offer.
As @Zythryn said, that wasn’t the point. Yes, there’s a lot of people who want the LR AWD variant, I never said there wasn’t. I was countering you’re statement of “no one wants the RWD version”. I didn’t sayno one wanted the AWD version.

It’s all mutually related.
Yeah….sure they are, nice try.