Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
agree, this thing is ugly as sin but what a perfect fleet vehicle for companies or contractors. They won’t be able to ignore the amazing specs and low cost to run this thing.
I’m seriously concerned about the rear seat headroom and the practical ability to work out of it.

It’s as if no one involved in the design worked out of a pick up/talked to folks who had.

(And I own work trucks, and we were considering getting Tesla ones once I heard about the 500 mile range.)

Been looking at it for while now and really have no idea if I like it, hate it, or just don't know. No real reaction other than not knowing what to think. It is sooo different, it's hard to judge at this time. Specs are amazing. Gonna take a while to figure out what to actually think, honestly.

I’m with you. I think we’re so conditioned to think of the conventional truck as the way a truck should look that this is way out there.

I’m leaning toward this looking incredible, really. It’s just so out there!

Interesting design choices... :cool:

Cybertruck

upload_2019-11-21_21-12-53.png

upload_2019-11-21_21-13-26.png

upload_2019-11-21_21-14-18.png

Conceptually this truck has great features for towing, range, efficiency, power outlets, air compressor. Hardened metal (and glass?) seem as an attempt to play to a perceived “tough” mindset, but practically it’s hard to understand how many would care about that. The presentation of the broken glass seemed to throw off any positive momentum, and plausibly seemed intentional (how would that not be tested extensively in advance?) if the goal was to get people talking about it, who knows. Design wise, this seems too out-there for any buyer, no matter how efficient it may be. The sharp angles are over the top; intuitively it would seem better efficiency could be obtained with surfaces having smoother transitions, which would also make it look closer to what most would expect. The S is a solid design. The X took some risks, but hits everything out of the park with form and function. The 3 and Y look great, are safe bets without many risks. Next roadster goes above and beyond (flying short hops), but still has form of what one would expect from such car. However this truck, based on its design, not only do I not see it selling, I see it dragging down the rest of the brand.

still trying to figure out what I am looking at. I like the idea of the onboard, air and onboard power, but I can't picture hauling my toyhauler out to the dunes in this thing.

Then again, how will electric trucks be able to charge while pulling a toyhauler or a 5th wheel?

take one of your ATVs out, and replace it with a 15kw portable diesel, also a barrel of #2.

here's hoping the CyberTruck isn't too stingy on it's input current...

• Funny
Reactions: Big Ike
I'm long with call options, and I don't feel good about my money right now.

I honestly DID think it was a joke when it first came out on stage. It looks exactly like a sci-fi prop, but a LOW BUDGET sci-fi prop, like the shuttles from the original Star Trek TV show, or the original Lost In Space, or Space 1999. (Can I get an "ok boomer"?)

"No time for modeling, so let's just make the prop out of plywood." Even the rims look like cheap add-on hubcaps designed to slap a cheap high-tech look while doing nothing but attract curb rash.

And the broken windows... ugh... Before he even threw the ball I thought: "Don't do it!" Now mind you, I didn't expect the window to break, but if it bounced right off, it go into the audience. He's actually LUCKY nobody was hurt because the window shattered.

Elon needs to stick to the script, and that wasn't planned.

And when the first window fails the test, you DOUBLE DOWN by throwing another steel ball??? Why? All you did was prove it wasn't a fluke.

There's a chance that the prototype vehicle driven on stage was fitted with regular auto glass. I hope that's the case but if so, someone forgot to tell Elon. This did NOT go well, and I really wish it did.