Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife is from Montana. She said that trucks are for working people and this is an insult to them.
In spite of that, there is a small part of me that likes it. Mostly because it is so different. Would I ever buy one? No way.
I would be still be happy if EM proves us all wrong.
My wife grew up on a cattle ranch in New Mexico. She actually thinks the design is fine, but wonders about the logistics to haul a load of dirt.

• Informative
Reactions: H-H-H and Vaamo
A little bit off the top!
586019387.png

Heck, function over form. Trimotor, 500 mile range, 14k towing capacity for dump trailer... and not a diesel
View attachment 479819

Ah the Blade Runner Tyrell cyber owl! Honestly not sure what I think. Not close to what I imagined. I mentioned earlier that I didn't think I liked the stark minimal interior of the Model 3 dash or the sole center screen, but bought the Model 3 and love it. I really liked the look of the semi when I saw and the new Roadster. Still having trouble with this one though. Can't picture it parked in the driveway.

Last edited:
Will there literally be no paint?
Can stainless steel even be properly painted? I have no idea personally.

Yes stainless can be painted. If you thought body work on the Model S was expensive wait until you see the price for the truck. If it is bare stainless there isn't much of a repair option. Forget about pounding it close and using some bondo it is replace the panel. Often when Deloreans have body damage they paint them as part of the fix so they can use bondo vs replacing the panel if it is part of the main body vs a fender that can be replaced.

Remember, if the Cybertruck GCWR is over 26k, you'll need a CDL to pull a 14k trailer.

Unfortunately, Elon forgot to mention the GVWR and GCWR in his reveal.

You don't need a CDL just the right class or endorsement of license. Most don't allow for towing trailers in excess of 10k pounds on a normal license anyways. Nevada does have an endorsement you can get to tow a trailer greater than 10k pounds but under 26k pound GCVW. Not sure what other states do but 10k pound for the trailer is common from my understanding. They didn't really plan for trucks with less than 26k pounds towing trailers weighing more than 10k pounds.