Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This will be an unpopular view but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the master of unpopular opinions around here, I can say that although I understand the reason for Tesla to be constantly upselling us, I do not like it. Case in point - the pearl white paint that my 3 LR RWD was made with cost me $1000 last May, and now it is $2000. What changed in the paint, or did Tesla just realize they could grab more money from people who did not want an ugly black car?
don't buy from Tesla - go buy a better car from any of the dozens of other makers that have over a hundred years of experience.
:rolleyes:

You can always wrap the car.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 78
I am more upset that we did not know they were changing the pricing structure on the Auto Pilot features. I know I messed up when I did not buy it for 5k with the car new, but was saving the 7k to buy it. Now i need 11k to buy it, i would have moved money around to make it happen. I wish there had been some pre-knowing about that price change, now auto-pilot is out of my price range.
Not really. The product you wanted to buy is no longer for sale. Now it is two different products.

i'm pissed about the price drop. the other day some mom tried to open my car door because our cars were identical and that will probably happen more now. :p
Dude, you are thinking about this the wrong way. It's usually a good thing when a mom gets into my car. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Dmagyar and Brando
Ya but they also discounted the same car $7500! Still out $7500 worth of taxes and registration fees for the rest of the life of the car and $3750 in tax credit. Those who bought early got screwed.
You didn’t get screwed. You got what you paid for in the contract.

The people that are buying now, are getting what they pay for. Guess what, the prices will go down again. Does everyone get screwed?

Matt, I agree with your post wholeheartedly, but the problem for Tesla is going to be there simply are a lot more of "them" than "us." And "they" are people who will take as much as they can get for as little as possible, sue at the first inkling they feel wronged, and have no idea what Tesla is or why it exists other than to make products they buy.

The general public is very unforgiving, and the very things that have made many of us wholeheartedly believe in this company as something different and special and important are going to be the things that will possibly lead to its demise. Like you I think it's unsustainable - either Tesla starts operating like a regular car company with far less care for its customers (which will probably disappoint many of us), or their existence, however long, is basically a suicide mission that forces legacy automakers to electrify.

You didn’t get screwed. You got what you paid for in the contract.

The people that are buying now, are getting what they pay for. Guess what, the prices will go down again. Does everyone get screwed?
It shouldn’t have gone down this soon. Tesla sucks! Never buying another one. They have lost me as a customer and my recommendations forever.

I’m sure more ppl feel the same way as me. So it’s not just me.

Matt, I agree with your post wholeheartedly, but the problem for Tesla is going to be there simply are a lot more of "them" than "us." And "they" are people who will take as much as they can get for as little as possible, sue at the first inkling they feel wronged, and have no idea what Tesla is or why it exists other than to make products they buy.

The general public is very unforgiving, and the very things that have made many of us wholeheartedly believe in this company as something different and special and important are going to be the things that will possibly lead to its demise. Like you I think it's unsustainable - either Tesla starts operating like a regular car company with far less care for its customers (which will probably disappoint many of us), or their existence, however long, is basically a suicide mission that forces legacy automakers to electrify.
I agree. Some of the raw ignorance about basic business and economics is quite startling.

• Love
Reactions: Brando
I paid for a maxed out LR as soon as they were available to line waiters. I got my 7500 credit but I did not account for half my income being non taxable, so I only got roughly half of the 7500. I would like the 3k I left on the IRS's table but I love this car and would do it all over again.

As I have said in many other threads, you know what you paid for, you agreed to pay the price and signed the contract. Stop having buyers remorse, shut up, enjoy your sweet car and suck it up.

It shouldn’t have gone down this soon. Tesla sucks! Never buying another one. They have lost me as a customer and my recommendations forever.

I’m sure more ppl feel the same way as me. So it’s not just me.

Probably not just you, but if you think your protest makes a difference, history says otherwise. And if you think Tesla's price drop is a major offense, I can recall even worse outrage during the initial iPhone price drop. So many people threatening never to buy Apple again. And it totally ruined Apple as a company right as the iPhone was getting off the ground. /S

Man, the satire here is so on-point. Just swap iPhone with Model 3.
The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs : Dear early iPhone adopters: Yeah, we ****ed you

And a bunch of front-page google results from screwed early adopters:
Apple Has a Long History of Screwing Early Adopters | Cult of Mac
Early adopters of Bitcoin are getting screwed by hedge funds : Bitcoin
Nintendo already planning a New Switch model?? Wtf early adopters screwed again. - Nintendo Switch Message Board for Nintendo Switch - GameFAQs
The Early Adopter: Trendsetter or Sucker? | TIME.com

• Love
Reactions: KG M3 and Matt L