Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This won’t be cheap 🤣

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
Driving along the 403 to Mississauga this morning and keeping away from large trucks, when I hear a loud CRACK! This one won’t just fix at a repair place. Bummer!

The cost of ownership with any car. Probable will replace the wiper arm too. At Excellence Auto. Apparently Tesla no longer does windshields here.

Attachments

• IMG_1555.jpeg
    IMG_1555.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1556.jpeg
    IMG_1556.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 3
>$400 for camera calibration? Total estimate is $3,400 ish with a night side wiper arm. One little scratch and they want to replace the arm/motor assembly. Yikes!!!
What's the breakdown of that - what specific parts, labour? I doubt you need to go to Tesla - just like with tires and brakes, they are rarely the cheapest place and there's nothing that unique a pro can't handle it.

Interesting update. It seems that my replacement windshield needs to be shipped from California apparently. It won’t be shipping out until the 18th of the month, and that is being transported by land. This seems to be unusually long.

Any opinions?
Guessing they are getting an OEM windshield vs an aftermarket, I got an aftermarket one installed.

you can always give these guys a call if you want to compare prices
3111 Woodchester Dr Unit 2
Mississauga, ON L5L 1J2

Phone: (905) 608-0035