Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts On "Pseudo-Badging"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Debadge it, put SCCA sticker in back window. Put recovery hooks front and rear. Put disconnect in rear. Put Trofeo R tires on. Install PVC rollbar painted black, and a 3" wide red 5-pt harness. Drive around wearing a firesuit, gloves, and helmet.

Now it looks faster than a P100D.

Seriously, people who are not familiar with Teslas won't know what the different badges mean. And people who do know might strike up odd conversations with you at a Supercharger.

But in the end, mod your car the way YOU want your car to look. If it makes you happy to rebadge a car, be happy.

The NOSE CONE would start growing like the Pinocchio's:eek:
20170604_080949.png

An S60 with 21's and red spray painted calipers plus a fake red "PD" logo looks more the part of a status symbol than a P100DL with 19" wheels and Multi pattern seats. No matter what they say people buy cars in a big part for the status symbol that they represent. If it was just for driving green half of Tesla owners would be in Leafs, i3's or Bolts, etc. Tesla should spend some of that money they up-charge for the P cars and use it to differentiate the P cars with some different body panels, until then people will change emblems and enjoy the prestige.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Mount some NOS gauges on the dash. ;)

It's funny that Tesla's top spec is denoted by... drum role please... an underline. I had 5 minutes of fun adding the underline to my P85D when I got the ludicrous retrofit. $5000 for an underline!

All kidding aside, the best bang for the buck upgrade to make your car look faster or more expensive is to get a set of used 21" turbines. They're a $4500 option when configuring a new car, or $6000 from the Tesla store, but you can usually find a lightly used or even new (take off) set from eBay or the forums for around $2500. If you sell your current wheels that brings your upgrade cost down to $1500 or less.

Last edited: