Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts On "Pseudo-Badging"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These upgrades go too far although one could honestly argue that today exhaust trim embellishments have reached a point of eye candy rather than any performance enhancement so why feel left out. I like the black one the best.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I have had the Maserati comment before also.
If I were to change it I would do something odd like a P47D or something like that.

See if you can get an old Thunder bird badge and enough letters in matching script to make Thunderbolt - or take the easy way out and go P51D instead (which you can definitely get - You'd have to find an old 40 badge to get your 4) and add Mustang badging...

• Funny
Reactions: dhrivnak
Might be funny if you do something like a P60D, but in general you would probably be looked down upon (akin to people putting M-badges on base BMWs).

This. On the BMW M5 board I'm on, we mercilessly ridicule people who take an ordinary E39 5-series and badge it up with all the M badges and accessories, like the rear spoiler. But those of us with the real thing can tell in an instant which cars are real M cars -- there are several very subtle queues and features the posers never pick up on.. like the rear-view mirror is oval, not square. Side mirrors also oval, not square. One of the biggest telltales is the quad exhaust.. It's funny to see a tricked out 525i with the M5 badge and single exhaust.

What is so funny about this?

Manufacturers do the exactly the same thing. They glue spoilers, ground (in)effect(ive) panel, bling wheels, fake intake/cooling scoops, and stick badges on them to make them look faster.

Rebadging in your driveway is a lot cheaper and every bit as effective.

I'm more into building sleepers.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Plug Life