Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Tesla Model 3 Megan EZII Series Coilovers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious to know if anyone has installed these and what are their thoughts on it?

Looking for a cheap replacement to the current AWD suspension. Looking for better comfort than stock but with a slight drop (if that's even possible).

I can't seem to find any reviews for it.

From other cars I remember everybody call them crap, but nothing specific. I think that's their business strategy. It's not 2 way adjustables, so they might not valve it reasonably for the car at all and you can't fix it without revalving. They claim 11 kgf/mm rate while KW V3 is just above 8. if this is correct - it's quite hard suspension. And it's monotube, so noisy. But cheap! Try and let us know. But if you're looking for better comfort and they confirm 11 kgf/mm - you ain't going to get it.

I would pony up for MPP comfort non adjustable.

Last edited:
MEEGAN!

But seriously - i'd be very careful buying cheap coilovers, probably steer clear because if you have one problem the cost of replacing and realigning will eat up most of your savings (plus ride quality will likely be better with better ones).

Looking for better comfort than stock but with a slight drop (if that's even possible).

That's definitely possible, even my Unplugged racing coilovers with 2x the spring rate of stock are basically just as soft, if not more, over rough roads compared to stock when on the softest setting - yet when turned to stiff they are great on track. Good coilovers are literally like magic, it's all about the internal valving and companies like UP or MPP have spent the time to tune these specifically for our cars with high quality components.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoreAgain and vogz
Depends on your expectations. I am always looking for alternative parts. There is a show on youtube where they test cheap ebay coilover vs a brand name, obviously the brand name wins but the coilovers did better than they thought. They improved the cornering and were adjustable.

Looking at these my guess would be you are gonna get an adjustable ride height and less body roll, but at the expense of ride quality. But it will depend on your level of expectations. Don't expect an MPP quality ride and you might not be disappointed at all. You may get lucky and they are perfect for what you want, a lot of people on this forum are against alternative/ non name brand parts so you'll hear a lot of negativity. But...they could be crap too. But i doubt they will be any worse than stock.

An alternative is MPP comfort coilovers, they are 1600 i believe, they get great reviews and guys here run them. They are on this website so maybe they will chime in, they are helpful guys.

I like the blue/aqua colour on them though

Last edited:
I own a Megan Racing LP coilovers on my Lexus IS350. It was $850 new during the time of purchase, the difference is it has 32 level dampening instead of 15.

From my experience and research. The more expensive name-brand ones are made for real sports and racing, basically with better-built quality for drag racing and circuit racing. However, many average people drive on the streets and the Megan is more than adequate to handle the job. Pretty much you're paying for more than what it's worth to be made for. It has been 8 years with my Megan and it is still holding up strong on my Lexus.

Yes, it is rebuildable

20220622_143439.jpg

Parts (plus SPL rear camber arms)

Reactions: tm1v2
I once had a Toyota MR-S and I got a brand of asian coilovers for it with a reputation for being crap. Ended up being fantastic, many autocross street tire FTDs, never had any problem with them, decent comfort on the street. Probably helped that it was a 2,000lbs car with not much power and running street tires, but whatever. Loved em. Hope these work out as well!