Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three-position dynamic LED turning lights worth it or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I'm missing the three position turning lights (Sept build 90D) and can have the service center install the correct ones. I've been following the other thread on this matter and a comment about how poor they are got me thinking "maybe I shouldn't have them changed" Searched a couple of other threads and saw a number of negative comments on their lackluster performance. Not as good as my old BMW or Merc etc.

Sooo to anyone that has them, what do you think. Get them replaced or keep the regular headlights? I could car less about the $ difference. Just want the best I can get. If they work and provide a substantial increase in performance I'll do it. Otherwise it's not worth the work to have it changed.

I'll take reliability over techy flash any day. I would never order a car with the auto suspension stuff but unfortunately it's now stock. Stuck with a system that will eventually break and will be costly to repair. Bothers me but not enough to not buy the car.

Honestly, you might as well change them. They are standard equipment that you paid for that is currently not on your car. So it makes sense to just do it. It's free anyways. If Tesla gave you a refund check for not having the standard headlamps I say don't swap them out and keep the money.

I also have a September 90D missing the headlamps and plan on getting them swapped out. Another September 90D owner got his swapped out.

Our X doesn't have them, but we're in a loaner X with them and I *love* them.

My wife on the other hand doesn't even notice the difference. So I guess it depends.

Either way, it's not enough benefit that I see so I wouldn't pay for them.

Ok I'm missing the three position turning lights (Sept build 90D) and can have the service center install the correct ones. I've been following the other thread on this matter and a comment about how poor they are got me thinking "maybe I shouldn't have them changed" Searched a couple of other threads and saw a number of negative comments on their lackluster performance. Not as good as my old BMW or Merc etc.

Sooo to anyone that has them, what do you think. Get them replaced or keep the regular headlights? I could car less about the $ difference. Just want the best I can get. If they work and provide a substantial increase in performance I'll do it. Otherwise it's not worth the work to have it changed.

I'll take reliability over techy flash any day. I would never order a car with the auto suspension stuff but unfortunately it's now stock. Stuck with a system that will eventually break and will be costly to repair. Bothers me but not enough to not buy the car.

I have found them to be somewhat useful. I see no reason not to have them if you don't care about the cost to install.

Reactions: vrykolas