Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time from delivery scheduling to VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text message this past Monday 9/17--offering delivery on or after Wednesday 9/19 @ Fremont (P3D+ multi-coat red/black interior w/EAP...configured first day). The Tesla rep (interestingly a 5 year employee working out of Fremont, but reports to a manager in Las Vegas) wanted to have me take delivery by Sunday and was offering some kind of $200 incentive (did not explore--could not make it). Now scheduled Monday 9/24 @ 9:00 am in Fremont. Got the rep to hand me off to an ISA (also in Las Vegas) on Tuesday. Multiple e-mails back & forth re financing and VIN. Yesterday my Account Status on the Tesla site updated for me to complete some info. Last night I got my VIN and MVPA...in time to send to my lender to complete paperwork tomorrow Friday for Monday delivery. Really tight timing...

That sucks. Did they offer to escalate your case when you called the 888 number? After getting my VIN from the escalation the other day I called again to confirm delivery. I was able to find out that my car was in transit and should arrive at delivery center late tonight/early tomorrow morning and ready for weekend delivery (later than the orig scheduled tomorrow)
I asked about escalation and they responded as if they were offended, saying they have no control over it.

Was just told by Tesla that if I have no VIN, the delivery date is meaningless.

So I guess I really won’t be driving one on Saturday. Really sucks.

I’ve seen people in here saying they want to cancel their orders after this experience, and I didn’t understand why they would say that. I do now.

This feels like working with the most unreliable, uncommunicative partner in a group project.

I asked about escalation and they responded as if they were offended, saying they have no control over it.

Was just told by Tesla that if I have no VIN, the delivery date is meaningless.

So I guess I really won’t be driving one on Saturday. Really sucks.

I’ve seen people in here saying they want to cancel their orders after this experience, and I didn’t understand why they would say that. I do now.

This feels like working with the most unreliable, uncommunicative partner in a group project.
Man that is a bummer. Hopefully it works out for you.