Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time from delivery scheduling to VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to a Tesla phone rep, VINs are only being assigned 24-48 hours before delivery. From past posts it seemed like people got heir VINs assigned weeks before delivery.

Can anyone who recently received a car or has a delivery scheduled comment on how soon before delivery/after scheduled appointment was confirmed they received their VIN?

TIA

Reactions: systemBuilder
Can anyone who recently received a car or has a delivery scheduled comment on how soon before delivery/after scheduled appointment was confirmed they received their VIN?
TIA

My account still shows my RN and not the VIN, but I got my MVPA early in the week. The VIN is inside the MVPA. Configured 9/5, delivery scheduled 9/7 for 9/21, delivery canceled 9/12, postponed to 9/24, MVPA on account 9/13 (still only shows RN, but VIN in MVPA).

I was contacted on 9/6 to schedule delivery. I confirmed right away and had my delivery scheduled 9/29. On Wednesday my order page updated and asked me to confirm my details and gave me the ability to apply for financing. I switched it to cash and now I'm back to the "We are drafting up your contract" page. There is no Edit Design link but my backdoor edit URL still works and I haven't been provided a VIN yet.

I just sent a second email asking for it for insurance purposes.

According to a Tesla phone rep, VINs are only being assigned 24-48 hours before delivery. From past posts it seemed like people got heir VINs assigned weeks before delivery.

TIA

The past is the past. Over the last 6 months, LOTS of things have changed. Today, it seems as if the VIN only appears at the last minute. They finally realized that allowed them move cars around a little easier, especially when people can't pick up car and it has to be reassigned.

Today, it seems as if the VIN only appears at the last minute.
I got my VIN on the MVPA a few day’s ago. Car is not supposed to be here until 9/20 with delivery scheduled 9/22.

I provided the completed MVPA to my credit union who says everything is ready to go and I can run in and sign paperwork and get a check whenever I want.

My portal still says I’m not at the “VIN stage” yet

Check Troy's data for avg VIN to delivery time for each state:

Redirecting

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 3.44.08 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: SoCalGuy