Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I learned the same thing. I knew I saw them move at one point, but had to do some research to learn they no longer are "active". :confused:
Not gonna lie, I was a little bummed when I figured that out. Unfortunately I knew the seats weren’t gonna be cooled (ventilated) anymore a couple weeks ago from our thread. Not having those two things aren’t a deal breaker but just a little upsetting. I do think Tesla needs to explain better on their web site about options/features that were there have now been removed/replaced. That’s why I guess I pushed for them to swap my lower dash to white. You can’t order white or cream, and then have black on the dash. Completely takes away from the interior in my opinion. They all agreed with me at Tesla they were super cool and had no problems listing that as a mistake.

Reactions: Daisame
Got my beautiful Model X today!

Came with:
-Tow Hitch
-Upper Windshield shade
-Front and Rear License Plate Holders/Frames
-A bunch of seemingly random screws in bags?
-Mobile Charger

Drove it back home in rush hour traffic (LA is just a constant rush hour), so didn't really get to stretch its legs, but hopefully can tomorrow!

Super awesome! Glad you beat the July 1st deadline. I think the screws are to mount the front license plate bracket. I left mine off, even though in NJ we are supposed to have a front plate by law. I don't want to screw anything into the bumper.

Ordered on 5/1. Received first email from my DA on 6/20 saying that my model X was out of production 3 days ago and waiting to be transported to Dedham, MA. The scheduled arrival date was 6/26 and the default delivery date was 7/4. I expressed my concerns of not getting current Federal Tax Credit to my SC. He offered to drive my new Tesla for 2.5 hours to my home in NH. Since I read so many delay and reschedule stories about 3rd party transporter, I ask my DA to forget about 3rd party transporter and ask my SC to drive directly. I did all the preparation while waiting for the car to show up in Dedham.
  • Got my VIN from DA so that I can work on new car insurance. It turns out that most insurance companies would cover the new car for some days automatically if you have time to add the new car to your policy.
  • Got a 20-day NH temp license for $10 at DMV using a copy of Bill of Sale my DA emailed me so that I can drive as soon as I receive the car. Make sure there is a signature from Tesla on the Bill of Sale.
  • Asked DA to FedEx trade-in packet and sent it back in a day using the included FedEx shipping label. DA's email indicated that the delay of sending trade-in packet with car title may delay the delivery. But it may not be the case because later at Dedham, they asked me to sign those papers again as if they didn't receive them.
  • Paid in full as soon as the payment option appeared on my account. Everything on my side is ready. Just waiting for the delivery.
I wanted to have a "full delivery experience" so I suggested to my SC that I drive to Dedham with my trade-in car to see my Tesla for the first time and see how they deliver the Tesla cars. Then I would follow him to drive back to across the border between MA and NH and we switch cars there. SC agreed. The car didn't arrive in Dedham until 6/28. When I got to Dedham 6/29 afternoon, the car was still in the process of detailing. The good news was that SC said I don't have to follow him to drive back to NH. I can leave my trade-in at Dedham and drive with him to NH. He would take a uBer back. I waited at Dedham delivery center for a couple of hours for the car to get ready. It was finally ready but very much rushed. There were many noticeable lines/marks on the car. SC had to ask the detailing guys to come out to work on them. Anyway, the car runs great. I had never driven a Tesla before. It is so powerful and smooth comparing with my MB ML350. The only problem I found so far was that when it is wet, the drive side window won't go all the way up. It kept going down as if something is blocking it. I'll have it fixed later.

Reactions: davezforce
Just for the sake of sympathy, I figured I would share what is going on with my order. I ordered early May, and the first week of June I got a vin, MVPA, and delivery date. A few days before delivery I got a call from Tesla central (not my local folks) that the vin didn’t have the correct interior so I got bumped to the back of the line with a new order. Last week I again got a vin, this time with an MVPA actually signed by Tesla in my account, and a delivery date for this weekend. That evaporated this weekend, apparently because Tesla decided to sell it to someone more local since it couldn’t make it here before the end of the quarter (gotta get big sales numbers). Now I am back to square one with another new order and a delivery date at least two weeks out.

Just for the sake of sympathy, I figured I would share what is going on with my order. I ordered early May, and the first week of June I got a vin, MVPA, and delivery date. A few days before delivery I got a call from Tesla central (not my local folks) that the vin didn’t have the correct interior so I got bumped to the back of the line with a new order. Last week I again got a vin, this time with an MVPA actually signed by Tesla in my account, and a delivery date for this weekend. That evaporated this weekend, apparently because Tesla decided to sell it to someone more local since it couldn’t make it here before the end of the quarter (gotta get big sales numbers). Now I am back to square one with another new order and a delivery date at least two weeks out.

Sympathy sent!
Hope you get matched up in the real world soon.
Third times the charm?

Finally picked up my car from the detailers. Had it for a couple weeks, but there super anal like me and I wanted everything done right. Went straight to them from Tesla on flat bed.
xpel paint protection film full & window tint, exo.shield windsheld protection, Full chrome delete, ceramicpro interior and exterior protection. Super happy. Now to drive her.

Attachments

• 64F4BE8B-566D-4056-B91E-6C056EAF2F0E.jpeg
    64F4BE8B-566D-4056-B91E-6C056EAF2F0E.jpeg
    879.3 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: jewilson2
Finally picked up my car from the detailers. Had it for a couple weeks, but there super anal like me and I wanted everything done right. Went straight to them from Tesla on flat bed.
xpel paint protection film full & window tint, exo.shield windsheld protection, Full chrome delete, ceramicpro interior and exterior protection. Super happy. Now to drive her.
What if the Xpel guy already farted first in your car. Do you return it?

Also, I’m jealous you are able to do all this!!

Looks gorgeous. It is the shiny version of my car. We could be twins. :cool:

Reactions: davezforce

Looks great. I matted my pearl white one, chrome delete, painted calipers. My wrap guy told me he was having issues with the exo shield on MX so he quit doing them. Did your guy mention that?