Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great. I matted my pearl white one, chrome delete, painted calipers. My wrap guy told me he was having issues with the exo shield on MX so he quit doing them. Did your guy mention that?
They def had a hard time. Because of the size of our windshield it had to be seamed. But he hid it best he could where the upper tint is. I’m very happy with it. I would rather have a seam and not worry about a chipped/ possible cracked windshield.

Little update on my X. Yesterday was at work, tried to access my X thru the app and it would not wake I figured maybe bad reception or something. So when I got home (late last night 11pm) I Grabbed the fob, the driver door opened, lights came on, pressed the brake, door shut and nothing came on either screen. Car is completely stuck in my driveway. Had 210 miles of charge left day before. I Tried a reset by holding the brake, and the scroll buttons plus the buttons about the scroll wheels. All if does is make a couple click sounds and that’s it. I tried to plug the charger in, door opens but plug won’t go in. I can see the lock tab is up. So I have a 113k car with 43 miles completely stuck in my driveway. 1/2 hour on Tesla emergency hotline. They are telling me it’s the 12v battery. And I can either have it jumped by mobile and see if it fixes it or towed to a service center. I’m Completely livid. I don’t not want this thing towed out of my site I’m super anal. Wtf. It’s Brand new. Thank god my other car wasn’t in front of it. I’m actually sickened right now. Is this a lemon or what? How can the 12v battery be bad already if that is even it.

Little update on my X. Yesterday was at work, tried to access my X thru the app and it would not wake I figured maybe bad reception or something. So when I got home (late last night 11pm) I Grabbed the fob, the driver door opened, lights came on, pressed the brake, door shut and nothing came on either screen. Car is completely stuck in my driveway. Had 210 miles of charge left day before. I Tried a reset by holding the brake, and the scroll buttons plus the buttons about the scroll wheels. All if does is make a couple click sounds and that’s it. I tried to plug the charger in, door opens but plug won’t go in. I can see the lock tab is up. So I have a 113k car with 43 miles completely stuck in my driveway. 1/2 hour on Tesla emergency hotline. They are telling me it’s the 12v battery. And I can either have it jumped by mobile and see if it fixes it or towed to a service center. I’m Completely livid. I don’t not want this thing towed out of my site I’m super anal. Wtf. It’s Brand new. Thank god my other car wasn’t in front of it. I’m actually sickened right now. Is this a lemon or what? How can the 12v battery be bad already if that is even it.

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Given the lights and door worked, it sounds more like a SW issue than the 12V battery. Might be fixable with a full power down by a ranger (12V disconnect).
You should be able to insert charge connector even with no power (but you would need to manually release it and if you really didn't have 12V it won't charge).
Just a thought: are you sure the brightness on the screens is turned up?

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Given the lights and door worked, it sounds more like a SW issue than the 12V battery. Might be fixable with a full power down by a ranger (12V disconnect).
You should be able to insert charge connector even with no power (but you would need to manually release it and if you really didn't have 12V it won't charge).
Just a thought: are you sure the brightness on the screens is turned up?
There coming to tow it to the service center. They said it’s happening with the current software update. It’s completely dead now. I hope when they try to jump the 12 it at least starts to get it up on the flat bed. Otherwise it’s not going to be fun for them being it’s pulled in forward In my driveway.

There coming to tow it to the service center. They said it’s happening with the current software update. It’s completely dead now. I hope when they try to jump the 12 it at least starts to get it up on the flat bed. Otherwise it’s not going to be fun for them being it’s pulled in forward In my driveway.
If they can get to the back wheels that is easier in some ways since they can pick up that end to reposition. With wheel dollys and/or skates, they can move the car regardless.
Hope you get back to driving it soon.

The 12
If they can get to the back wheels that is easier in some ways since they can pick up that end to reposition. With wheel dollys and/or skates, they can move the car regardless.
Hope you get back to driving it soon.[/QUOTE
12v jump pack didn’t work, did not have enough juice and could not close hood to put it in reverse due to handles on terminals. . Could not get it to go into tow mode to push out of driveway. Tow truck guy had skates that he didn’t not feel safe using and could not get it out of my driveway. They wanted to send another wrecker out with frame Dolly’s to move car and I refused. Making mobile unit come out to put a new 12v battery in, hoping there will be enough juiced in the new battery to just back it out of driveway and get it on wrecker. Dolly’s will be last resort if battery does not work. At that point I don’t really know if I want to keep this thing. I’m am extremely sickened about the thought of this going in the service center already and getting ripped apart. Waited for years for this car and I’m completely beside myself right now.

Tow truck guy had skates that he didn’t not feel safe using and could not get it out of my driveway. They wanted to send another wrecker out with frame Dolly’s to move car and I refused. Making mobile unit come out to put a new 12v battery in, hoping there will be enough juiced in the new battery to just back it out of driveway and get it on wrecker.

I doubt the 12v battery is the problem at all. What is your issue with them using dolly's to move the car?

The 12

12v jump pack didn’t work, did not have enough juice and could not close hood to put it in reverse due to handles on terminals. . Could not get it to go into tow mode to push out of driveway. Tow truck guy had skates that he didn’t not feel safe using and could not get it out of my driveway. They wanted to send another wrecker out with frame Dolly’s to move car and I refused. Making mobile unit come out to put a new 12v battery in, hoping there will be enough juiced in the new battery to just back it out of driveway and get it on wrecker. Dolly’s will be last resort if battery does not work. At that point I don’t really know if I want to keep this thing. I’m am extremely sickened about the thought of this going in the service center already and getting ripped apart. Waited for years for this car and I’m completely beside myself right now.
Man you have had some terrible luck. I am worried about mine now. We have such high expectations with these super expensive cars and sometimes forget that they are just mechanical. Stuff doesn’t always work and stuff breaks. I hope you stick with it it goes your way.

The 12

It should not require being ripped apart. Maybe a fresh battery and a direct connection with a service tool.

Not that it means anything, but our new car had a nail in the tire the first month, was backed into the second, and took a rock to the windshield the third. Been fine for 12 months since.

It should not require being ripped apart. Maybe a fresh battery and a direct connection with a service tool.

Not that it means anything, but our new car had a nail in the tire the first month, was backed into the second, and took a rock to the windshield the third. Been fine for 12 months since.
This was Sunday.... now the issue of it being dead. Yea my luck isn’t the best with this right now. And I only drove the car last Wednesday from the detailer (where is was for 3 weeks since my delivery day when they picked it up with the flat bed) to my house. So I got the drywall screw from there to my house. It’s been sitting under a cover since then. Literally 43 miles on the car. And now it’s dead. Idk.

Attachments

• 6BC5CBF8-69FC-4905-AB01-3864F31ECBE5.jpeg
    6BC5CBF8-69FC-4905-AB01-3864F31ECBE5.jpeg
    497.6 KB · Views: 61

The only Information I got was from the Tesla Roadside Assistance. He told me that they are having some issues with the new software. That is why he wanted to just tow the car instead of trying the battery. The issue is where it is and the fact we can’t get it into neutral/tow mode.

I doubt the 12v battery is the problem at all. What is your issue with them using dolly's to move the car?
The Dolly’s the tow guy show me were ones that slid under the entire length of the car and lifted it by the frame. I don’t think it’s designed for a Tesla with a huge battery pack on the bottom. That is all I need to damage that. I would be comfortable with actually wheel Dolly’s the ones that go on each wheel and lift up independently where u can slide and spin the car. Not these frame ones.

The Dolly’s the tow guy show me were ones that slid under the entire length of the car and lifted it by the frame. I don’t think it’s designed for a Tesla with a huge battery pack on the bottom. That is all I need to damage that. I would be comfortable with actually wheel Dolly’s the ones that go on each wheel and lift up independently where u can slide and spin the car. Not these frame ones.

I'd have to see them, but anything that uses the cars jack points should be fine, as most cars now-in-days can only be lifted by jack points, so I would think that they know what they are doing.

Reactions: jboy210
I'd have to see them, but anything that uses the cars jack points should be fine, as most cars now-in-days can only be lifted by jack points, so I would think that they know what they are doing.

Agreed. The jack points are designed to take the weight of the car. If the dolly is lifting the car by these points, it is no different than lifting the car at the service center to change tires, do a brake job, or any other service that requires removing the wheels.