Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time Person Of The Year – Have you voted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The good news is that while people are able to vote on Person of the Year, the Time editors still decide who that person will be. There is some evidence that online voting is being driven by bots. That will be enough to make Miley a non-issue.

(But ModelS1079 will still be able to keep his posters of her displayed proudly around his house, in his garage, and at his workplace. You go! Don't let any of us dictate your musical tastes, my friend!!)

In the big scope of things, Elon's just some guy. The TIME Person of the Year should be Edward Snowden. Nobody has had more impact on the world in 2013 than he.

The science, evidence, and reason of global warming is no longer debatable. A solar electric economy is our best practical approach. Elon Musk is the one person in the world, talking the talk, and walking the walk. He puts his money where his mouth his.

Wow. I don't have a FB account either. I thought I was the only one (except maybe some people in developing nations that don't have internet). I knew I fit in to TMC for a reason.

:)

I had a facebook account for a very short time. I'm a cryptographer, and I thought that it might be possible to use facebook applications to finally come up with a way to do widespread secure communication. As soon as I started researching the application interface, though, I realised what a terrible environment it was for any kind of privacy! In particular, nothing could be made safe against any facebook application. So I disabled my account.

Then a few weeks later my wife sent me a link to a photo, and I didn't realize it was hosted in Facebook. When I clicked the link, it said basically "Welcome back, Greg! We've informed everyone you know that you're here!" So I instantly disabled it again, and will be more careful in future.

Maybe we need a social network for all the people who refuse to do Facebook. ;-)

PS. I agree it should be Snowden. Plenty of time for it to be Elon.

The science, evidence, and reason of global warming is no longer debatable. A solar electric economy is our best practical approach. Elon Musk is the one person in the world, talking the talk, and walking the walk. He puts his money where his mouth his.

I think Musk will change the World more than any of the folks in the top ten. He'd get my vote if I wanted to give those clowns my Facebook contacts. Which I don't… ;)