Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to Start a Tesla Model Y Section?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Listen! If you name it Y, everyone who hates it including press will call it the Why?

I can even hear Jeremy Clarkson going Why? rightnow.

Better to call it the C.

I never thought the "Model Y" sounded great. Granted the name of a car doesnt mean much, but for a guy like Elon who is so focused on that stuff it just sounds kinda... blah.

If it indeed is the "X" version of the 3... I'd rather just have it be the 3X, or the Model 4. I'm not sure what it is exactly about "Model Y" or just "The Y" or "Y" but it just doesnt sound good.

Don't think we'll be seeing falcon wings on a roadster. I'm voting Model Y will be the 3 SUV/CUV, just as the X was the S SUV/CUV.
Agreed I think it highly likely that the Y is the CUV based on the Model 3.
By definition a "roadster" is a 2 seat car with an open top, removable top, or convertible top. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadster_(automobile) So the next Tesla Roadster won't have Falcon Wing doors, in my opinion, unless Elon decides that the next Tesla 2 seat sports car is not going to be a roadster, which of course is possible.
I happen to think that the Model 3 CUV could have Falcon Wing doors. I am sure that the Model 3 sedan/hatchback will not have them.

It's hard to decipher some of the info we have so far, but we know that Tesla trademarked Tesla Model Y to complete the model lineup as S-E-X-Y (now S-3-X-Y). Elon has tweeted the Model 3 or the Model Y will have falcon-wing doors (and subsequently deleted that tweet). And we know there's supposed to be a crossover version of the Model 3, which seems like it must be the Model Y.

Tesla Model Y Tesla Model 3 Prototypes In This Pic?

Time to create a Model Y section? Or should Model Y discussions just be rolled into the Model 3 section for now?

What about this? http://carsoid.com/tesla-model-y/
?