Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timing of used purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have about 4-6 weeks before I need a new car. How soon do I need to pull the trigger on a used Model X from Tesla? I have a few cars identified I would be happy with (also happen to be located nearby) but I am tempted to hold out for a 100D that fits my needs and/or to see if prices continue to drop.
Thanks!

I have about 4-6 weeks before I need a new car. How soon do I need to pull the trigger on a used Model X from Tesla? I have a few cars identified I would be happy with (also happen to be located nearby) but I am tempted to hold out for a 100D that fits my needs and/or to see if prices continue to drop.
Thanks!

How many Superchargers are there in Wisconsin if you need to go on a long trip? Why not a Ford F-150. Why do you need to go electric.

If you need a car in 4 weeks you need to order now due to delays from COVID-19.

Why 4 weeks and not 8? What is determining your timeline?

in 4-6 weeks, the economy could crash and prices come down due to the second wave of infections, or we could be in a boom as everything reopens and is well... make your decisions based on your own prediction

timeline is 4-6 weeks due to a lease ending on my current car. i have some flexibility because we can go down to one car without too much of a problem while under lockdown.

I’m inclined to wait and see what pops up and how much further prices will go down.

I guess the better question is how long the process typically takes from purchase to delivery for a local car vs car that needs to be shipped.

No one can answer that question... How much are you needing/wanting prices to drop before you pull the trigger? Is there a specific spec you want? If so - is it worth potentially not being able to find it to save a thousand bucks? If the answer is yes, wait and see what happens.
How many Superchargers are there in Wisconsin if you need to go on a long trip? Why not a Ford F-150. Why do you need to go electric.

You need to pull the trigger immediately. If car needs to be transported by Tesla it may take Tesla 2 months to deliver. If you are willing to travel where the Model X, is then it is hit or miss if you can get it in time. Let us know what you end up buying. :)

If you have acceptable choices near you there is still some time if you want to wait a little longer. Transportation is the long pole in the tent. I would watch the inventory and pricing closely and if you start to see things trend one way or the other then that will inform you to act immediately or wait a little longer. Might be good right now to set a date that you will not wait beyond.

thanks- planning to order for a nearby store to avoid the transportation piece

If you have acceptable choices near you there is still some time if you want to wait a little longer. Transportation is the long pole in the tent. I would watch the inventory and pricing closely and if you start to see things trend one way or the other then that will inform you to act immediately or wait a little longer. Might be good right now to set a date that you will not wait beyond.