Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint recommendations in OC? I have quotes for from $365 to $660 for LLumar CTX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and the more expensive one wrote me this long response about how hard it is to do the model 3 and they machine cut the film on plotters and with Tesla windows they bought so it's already perfectly fit for your car. They also mention moisture and issues with electronics that can be a problem.

it was an impressive proposal. Thoughts?

$660 has warranty where they do free replacements for life. Good to have if you got illegal tint.

Now where did you get the $365 quote from? Have you checked out their work? I have a $500ish tint and there are tiny bubbles everywhere. I got the tint like 5 months ago and the bubbles are still there. Which make me think the $365 tint will probably be the same. You get what you pay for. Maybe their skills are not that good because they are new to tinting Model 3s and just want to cut labor cost to get more customers.

Btw, I'm going to get the $660 tint on my next Model 3.

We are at 700-1200 for the Model 3. Why?

the rear window is done in one piece, not two pieces. That is a HUGE piece of film.
We shave edges, we don't use a plotter to cut. The shaved edge is about 1/32" off the edge (essentially no edge)
you can roll windows down next day no problem
we take care to utilize tools to minimize dust and debris (nothing is ever perfect however, we do our best)
The front windshield and sunroof take more time than flatter glass from other makes

Factors that drive the price up include shop location (rent on the building plays a role in pricing)
Film used (performance of the film)
Branding (For both the shop and the film)
quality of the install (computer cut vs custom hand trimmed. HT looks better and takes longer)

Tons of little bubbles might be dirt under the film. While nothing is ever perfect (honestly, we have never seen perfect on anyone's tint job), but there are some that care more than others. We have seen Photosync jobs from SUPER high end shops in LA (1900 dollar job on a Mercedes wagon, and a windshield on a lambo aventador from the same shop) with 1000's of dirt specs under the film on all windows (they had to have tinted it outside), same with 1200 dollar 3m crystalline jobs, and 200 dollar low budget cheap junk film. Installer and shop matter the most, then the performance of the film.

In the end, go check out the work from the shop and make a decision at that point.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
and the more expensive one wrote me this long response about how hard it is to do the model 3 and they machine cut the film on plotters and with Tesla windows they bought so it's already perfectly fit for your car. They also mention moisture and issues with electronics that can be a problem.

it was an impressive proposal. Thoughts?
Sounds like Signature in OC

For $6-700 I would be getting formula one Pinnacle (also by Llumar) not ctx.

Agreed! Llumar FormulaOne product line CTX<Pinnacle<Stratos

Pinnacle is a good compromise of Value vs Performance in a quality ceramic film IMO.

Using a Llumar Select Pro installer next week for my tint...

Auto Action Group

Basic 5-window (Front/Rear Sides + 1-Piece Rear) Job
  • Pinnacle $499
  • Stratos $749
Add-Ons:
  • Windshield in AIR80 - $150
  • Windshield in Stratos 70% $200
  • Sunroof in AIR80 - $125
  • Sunroof in Stratos - $200