Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire insurance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if/where it's possible to buy the tire insurance? These Contisilents are not cheap and the foam inserts make sumple plugs a bit of an ordeal from what I'm hearing.
Yes. I just did an hour ago for all 4 tires (with the silent technology foam inside) from Discount Tires for $150 or so.
It's an amazing deal for what they call "the repair or replace certificates" for the lifetime of the tire.
Many don't know about this feature from Discount Tires but they will not only sell the certificates for your new tesla even if you don't buy the tires from them, but they will also pay for your tires if you so happen to get a flat when discount tire is not open or is not close by and have to go to another tire shop. Just keep the receipt and return to your closest DT and they will refund your $ and get you new Conti's.

Discount Tire is a good place, and we usually have the insurance when we get new tires from them.

Only downside, the refund/replacement is for a prorated amount dependent upon how many miles you had on the tire.

Case and point. My wife blew out the tire on the Sequoia. They "credited" me about 50% towards a new tire because it had something like 25k miles on it.

Exactly one week later, she blew out the NEW tire (God only knows how she did that).

Discount Tire replaced that one totally free.

It is a good deal.

Reactions: MajorCuddles
Sounds awesome! And the $150 is very reasonable. Unfortunately, I can't find any locations in NY :(

Discount Tire is a good place, and we usually have the insurance when we get new tires from them.

Only downside, the refund/replacement is for a prorated amount dependent upon how many miles you had on the tire.

Case and point. My wife blew out the tire on the Sequoia. They "credited" me about 50% towards a new tire because it had something like 25k miles on it.

Exactly one week later, she blew out the NEW tire (God only knows how she did that).

Discount Tire replaced that one totally free.

It is a good deal.